OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > Corel Photo-Paint VBA

Old 29-12-2003, 19:39
Gerry Hickman

Default COM/OLE Automation

Hi,

I'm trying to control PhotoPaint v9 from an external app using COM/OLE. This works perfectly in CorelDraw v9, but NOT in PhotoPaint.

CorelDraw has an APPID (ProgID) called "CorelDraw.Application.9", but PhotoPaint does not have this.

It makes no difference which language I use, I've tried JScript, C#.NET and C++, but get the same results.

There's a ProgID called "CorelPhotoPaint.Automation.9", but I've been unable to work out what this is for.

A simple example of what I want to do, is open an instance of PhotoPaint from C++, get it's version and then close it again. As I say, this is fine in Draw, but not in Paint.
Old 30-12-2003, 14:45
Administrator

Default Re: COM/OLE Automation

Gerry,

PhotoPaint should have a similar AppID: CorelPhotoPaint.Application.9

If it doesn't, I'd suspect you have a corrupt installation. But I cannot be 100% certain as it was long time ago.

CorelPhotoPaint.Automation.9 is the CorelScript automation object. This is the same automation interface exposed to the CorelSCRIPT.

CorelPhotoPaint.Application.9 on the other hand is the VBA automation interface.

The whole VBA object model for PP9 is outlined here: http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/paint9vba.htm

The CorelScript object is exposed through the VBA object model as well. It has just a set of methods. You can see them here: http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/paint...tm#CorelScript

I hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2004, 19:31
Gerry Hickman

Default Solved!

Hi,

Turns out this was fixed in CD9 SP1. After installing SP1, the reg keys for the App IDs appear the first time PhotoPaint is run.

It now works fine from COM client apps.