OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 19-07-2006, 18:10
holly

Smile importing AI(CS) pattern palette to CD(12)

:I am not familiar with Corel Draw and was wondering if there is a way to save a palette of patterns from Illustrator -and import them from Corel ? We have several volumes of a book that are being created in Adobe Illustrator (CS2) and the files need to be converted to CorelDraw for the printer. The files seem to open okay ... except none of the patterns/textures convert over so the shapes simply show up empty. I have tried editing the fill (object) palettes in Corel, importing the palettes from Ill. as an .eps, .ai, .pdf, .emf,-- whatever, dragging the palette from ai, copying and pasting individual texture boxes, loading a pattern fill, everything I can think of. I thought it would be such a simple thing. Unfortunately none of the patterns in Corel are even remotely similar to what we've already got. This book is for the blind so the patterns are extremely important to have.

Can anyone give me some advice on this ??? We're getting so frustrated w/this issue and no one here knows Corel Draw.

Thank you for any input that might help.

holly

Last edited by holly; 20-07-2006 at 15:41.
Old 20-07-2006, 00:32
sallybode

You can use "expand the appearance", this works also with brushes. Now the control points or nodes are available. Then you can copy and paste into DRAW with the Alex Vakulenko's script which you can get here:

http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawm...oard/index.htm

If it is from symbols, you can't add it to DRAW's symbols if it has transparency in it. But you can remove the transparency.

Or after expanding the appearance, you can create a page of whatever swatches you need for repeating patterns and save as a .pdf and import the .pdf into DRAW.

Last edited by Alex; 20-07-2006 at 17:18.