OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 27-10-2006, 22:12
mick classen

Default auto entering data from a databas into corel x3

I have a very specific need -- to automate data entry into our customers' corel files. We have over 1900 customers and I need a way to quickly enter information on them when we have to create a new corel file for them.

What I want to do is to have 5 database fields in corel. The first field will be the customer's name. This field will be linked to our "customer" databse and should have a drop down file list to chose from. Once that customer's name is entered then the remaining 4 fields will auto enter the information from the database....phone #, cell#, fax # and email address.

Our database is FileMaker Pro 6 and we are using CorelX3

I look forward to any help and am willing to purchase a product if it is available.

Thank you.
Old 28-10-2006, 01:05

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Database

I don't have any experience with FileMaker Pro, but if you can get an ADO connection to it, then sure this is very possible. Here is an example I did sometime back for Access:

Access Database Example

If that doesn't help let me know and I might be able to work something else up for you.

Shelby
Old 28-10-2006, 15:33
mick classen

Thanks for the response. I spent quite a bit of time on this problem last night and this morning. I've discovered that my newest favorite piece of software - Romcat can handle all of our needs.

It is actually going to be a bit better approach for us...but thanks again for the input.

I'd be happy to explain exactly how we are using Romcat to accomplish this if you are interested.

Mick
Old 30-10-2006, 10:28

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

I'm interested. I'd really like to know how this can be accomplished through Romcat, seeing as I use it everyday for Corel Clips.
Old 30-10-2006, 11:05
gingem

Hi Sean
The way you can use Romcat for this is when you save the files and keywords to the file like customer number or anything else you would like and romcat can index these. After you build the database you can then use the keyword search and the files will appear. It's a great feature that I have been using for years but never think about it.