OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 07-08-2007, 09:43
stilllife

Default CorelDraw 12 Colour output issue

Afternoon, hoping that someone can help me. I am a longterm (talking 10/12 years) corel user but this problem has got me stumped.

Its all down to using pantone colours in corel, pdf'ing (with keep colours unchanged option turned on) so that the colour pdf'd is supposed to be the exact colour you see on screen, but it doesn't come out like that. Its almost like the colours are 10/15% darker. A colleague an I have done a test with a pantone colour pdf'd (mine in corel, his in quark) and the colours are completely different - and his is the correct colour, as it matches the client colour exactly.

Is this due to a colour workspace discrepancy or do I need to set something in corel, as it is not matching up with colours pdf'd in illustrator or quark.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2007, 16:34

Acrobat uses different color engine (Adobe ACE).
Anyway you need to ensure that your CorelDRAW color management is set up as much perfectly as possible to match actual physical PANTONE colors and print media gamut.
I have pretty similar display between Adobe's apps and Corel's but I am not very experienced in Color Management, and much of the info that helped me is at CorelDraw newsgroups nntp://cnews.corel.com specifically CorelDraw X3 and ColorManagement.

My CMS config is:
internal RGB: sRGB from www.color.org
CMYK: my printer's SWOP based custom profile
Display: Trinitron 7500 based gamma calibrated icm produced in Adobe Gamma (any gamma calibration software with icm output will do)
Display options: don't map spot
Effects: either RGB or CMYK depending on how PANTONE will be printed (CMYK if converted to process)

the color link is from center to display and from center to cmyk (no crossover from cmyk to display)