OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 27-08-2008, 16:23

Default msgbox over network connection...

is it possible to popup a msgbox (in corel only) to another user on a LAN? i want to create something that would require notifying another corel user over the network with a simple msgbox (at this point)...

is this even remotely possible?
Old 28-08-2008, 11:32

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

I have not heard of anyway to do this, but then I'm not on a traditional network. Alex, Shelby or Os may have an answer. I'd love to see if this is possible though.
Old 28-08-2008, 11:50

Thanks for the reply... it's almost the answer I thought I'd hear! Just a little background. I guess why I was looking for this was a system that would alert a designer that they had a drawing to check. We all have to verify each others drawing here before they leave the building.

So since we are all "going green" here, things are heading more towards paperless. I was invisioning a system that when I saved my file, it'd pop up a message on a random designers machine that they needed to check the drawing, with a button to open it. Once it was verified they click another button to enter their intials of the person that checked, and send a message back to the person that designed it, that it had been checked, or need revisions etc.

Sounds like a tall order... I've got bits and peices of other stuff floating around enough to do most of what I need to do, except the messaging system!

Thats why I was curious! It appears as though I've bit off more than I can chew this time!

B
Old 28-08-2008, 15:45

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Net Send...

Yes this is possible, but your IT department might not like it. If you have not moved to Vista, you can use Net Send, to send the message. I can work up an example for you....

Have you considered it just to send an email to the designer? Might be easier and I could give you an example of that also.

-Shelby
Old 29-08-2008, 07:20

hey shelby! no... we haven't switched to vista... hahah there is no quicker way to get our IT guy all fired up than mentioning vista! lol He's a bomb waiting to go off... and vista would be the fuse! lol

net send? I'll have to research that... and if you want to offer up any examples I'd never say no!

And as far as email goes... yes... this would be the simplest method, however, it's not the most "instant"... sometimes we go hours without checking our mail. So in a perfect world, this would be the "Best" option, but in this case, I don't think it'd be the feasible....

I'm toying with the idea/project... it's just one of my many ideas that pop into this crazy head of mine! It's something to explore I think... but not a rush!

I appreciate your input!

B