OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 19-03-2012, 10:02

Default X5 shaperange bug?

Create a couple of rectangles near the top of the page and overlap them. Select both rectangles and run the following code:

Code:
sub ShapeRangeTest()

dim sr as ShapeRange, sd as Shaperange

Set sr = ActiveSelectionRange

If sr.Shapes.Count > 0 Then
            sr.Group
            MsgBox "GROUPED"
        End If

Set sd = sr.Duplicate
        sd.Group
        sd.AlignToPageCenter cdrAlignHCenter
        sd.AlignToPageCenter cdrAlignVCenter

sd.CreateSelection

MsgBox "Test"

sr.CreateSelection

End Sub
When I run this code Ibget the GROUPED message but the duplicated shapes are centred and the grouping is ignored. Moreover if I click on the desktop and then reselect one of the groups all four objects are selected as one group. If I comment out the line sd.group I still end up with all the objects grouped. What's going on? Please don't tell me there are no bugs!

I guess what I really want to know is how to remember a particular collection of objects so I can reselect it later. I was really comfortable coding with CD12 but find X5 a nightmare. Thanks.

Last edited by knowbodynow; 19-03-2012 at 10:02. Reason: code tags missing
Old 19-03-2012, 12:00

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default ShapeRage.Group

The issue is when you Group a ShapeRange is returns a Shape, not a ShapeRange. You can look at me previous post on your Save issue, have to fix this.

I would recommend that you use step each line of code with F8, so you can watch what your code is doing. This will help find these types of issues.

-Shelby

Last edited by shelbym; 19-03-2012 at 12:03.
Old 20-03-2012, 18:56

Thanks for the reply but I don't get why the objects in the grouped shape end up centred, this defeats the point of grouping them. I do use F8 when testing code, also exit sub to test parts in isolation. Cheers!
Old 20-03-2012, 23:08

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default ShapeRange

Do this, by hand, not in code. Create say three rectangles and group them. Then hold down CTRL and click one of the rectangles, notice the handles change from rectangles to circles, this is because you are selecting the shape, inside the group.

Another way to look at it, same three rectangles in the group. Open the Object Manager docker. Expand the group, and you will see the three rectangles select one from the Object Manager, and you see the same circle handles, shift select and you can select all three, but again you are selection the shapes in the group, not the group. Press P to align to page, and notice they align as individual shapes.

This is exactly what your code is doing, because you are selecting the ShapeRange, aka a range of shapes, it is selecting the shapes inside the group, and not the group itself, so when you do your align, it aligns them as individual shapes.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know, and I will try to explain another way.

-Shelby