OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 06-08-2007, 18:27
Malik641

Default CorelDraw X3 --- VBA Disabled on XP Home, but not XP Pro

Hi,

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out why I have no VBA functionality on my desktop for CorelDraw X3 (or the other programs on the X3 suite I have installed).

In the setup of the installation I made sure that VBA was to be installed with the program by choosing the custom installation route. No luck after that, not even trying to modify the program after it was installed. I've tried going into the registry and adding a node for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\CorelDraw\13.0\CorelDraw\

where I added Addins (exactly as shown) with no keys (I read to do this for previous CorelDraw versions...though I never had any previous versions). This, too, had failed.

A weird thing that happened a little while back was that I downloaded a VB.NET project to show how to use VB.NET to draw a rectangle (orange fill) at point 0,0 using CorelDraw (I believe Alex or wOxxOm created it). I ran the EXE file and when CorelDraw popped up with the rectangle in it, ta-da!! There was the VBA toolbar with everything enabled! I was very happy when this happened and installed all my custom toolbars (and my GMS file) that I had created previously. Everything was working fine for about 2 weeks and I don't know what changed, but now those VBA toolbar buttons are disabled again and I just don't understand what's wrong.

Now, I installed the same CD on my laptop which is running XP Pro SP2 and that has VBA enabled perfectly fine! That is the only big difference between my laptop and my desktop.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-08-2007, 18:44

Usually Workspace Rebuilding to factory defaults helps remedy UI buttons problems - hold F8 key and launch CorelDRAW, keep on holding the key until a dialog appears, choose Factory defaults as far as I remember. This will reset your workspace to default (presumably working) state
Old 06-08-2007, 19:35
Malik641

Hi wOxxOm,

Just tried it. Sorry, no luck

I can't even press Alt+F11 to 'sneak' into the VBE.
Old 06-08-2007, 19:48

Do a full uninstall /install of Draw and VBA.
Use 'Windows Installer Cleanup Utility' (google it) - yet with care
Old 06-08-2007, 20:21
Malik641

Just to be sure, Use the Windows Installer Clean Up utility, then Uninstall (from Add/Remove Programs dialogue), then reinstall. Right?
Old 06-08-2007, 20:35

no, cleanup utility is an alternative way of uninstalling - it clears the database in registry but does not uninstall files - it just makes CorelDRAW installer believe there was nothing installed before so it installs everything anew.
In the list of the util you'll see *many* entries for DRAW and VBA - first of course CorelDraw Suite, then there'll be Corel...VBA, and also VBA, and VBA core and lalala. Zap'em.

'use the util with care' means - backup registry using SystemRestore first
Old 06-08-2007, 20:47
Malik641

All VBA items? What about other programs that use them like Office 2003 and 2007?
Old 06-08-2007, 20:55
Malik641

And btw, in the list in the WICU utility, there's only 2 VBA entries:

VBA (2720) [6.01.00.1234]
VBA [6.2]

And just one Corel item:

CorelDraw Graphics Suite X3 [13.1]
Old 06-08-2007, 21:04

Well there should be "CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 - VBA" for successfull VBA installations in the end of all trials in my understanding.
I *suppose* that it is required to remove all the draw AND vba related stuff.
I suppose there'll be no big problem with reinstalling/repairing Office's VBA.
Anyway create a restore point.
Old 06-08-2007, 23:39
Administrator

Could it be that you are using Logitech wireless keyboard? If so, that could be your problem. Before launching CorelDRAW, just tap F9 once. You need to do it once after system boot. Once done, you'll be fine till you reboot again...

Long shot but still worth a try.