OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 25-03-2015, 11:58

Default Create a New Doc from Template in Connect

I am looking for a way to create a new document from a template when I select a template file (.cdt) within the Connect docker. As it is now the only way is to open the template file itself...and then hope you remember to do a "Save As" so you won't overwrite your template file!

There is a method, CreateDocumentFromTemplate, but I'm not sure this would work since it requires a path for the file.

Perhaps, this should be a feature request?? because ideally, there should be an option in the right-click context menu or a button on the Connect docker itself.

Patti
Old 29-03-2015, 13:39

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Templates

Patti,

Template data is normally stored in a few spots. Online, which you will need to download first if you wish to open via VBA. There is currently no way to download Content from the Content Exchange via VBA.

When you download Content Exchange content it is normally stored here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Corel\Content X6\Templates\

The standard templates are store here:

C:\Users\**[YourUserName]**\Documents\Corel\Corel Content\Templates\

Once you know where the template is that you wish to open, you can use VBA to create the document:
Code:
Sub Test()
    Dim d As Document

Set d = CreateDocumentFromTemplate("C:\Users\Public\Documents\Corel\Content X6\Templates\Craft Store - NA\Craft Store NA - Business Card 1 - ISO.cdt", True)
End Sub
This will create an Untitled document with the content from the template. Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have questions.

-Shelby