OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 02-02-2010, 21:14
andrewf

Default hiding/showing single shapes

Is there a property or method (I can't find one documented) to hide or et visible = false on a shape ?
I am working on a project to automate the manipulation of a corel draw document. The client has provided a corel draw file which contains a "superset" of shapes, i.e. all the shapes, text, etc. that could possibly be used.
My macro will read in a text file containing instructions and values and manipulate the shapes accordingly.
One of the first steps is to "hide all", and then selectively show (resize, move, fill, colour etc.) various shapes according to the data read in by the macro.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 02-02-2010, 21:28

Hi.

You could always use cut, or copy to clipboard, the shapes you need to hide at the moment. Then paste back at anytime. Assigning to a form button for example, for cutting the desired shape. If cutting again then paste back first before re - cutting.

confusing?

-John
Old 02-02-2010, 22:35

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Hide Layer

I think I would create a new Layer, move all the shapes to this layer, then hide the layer.

-Shelby
Old 03-02-2010, 00:10
andrewf

Thanks All.

I think the new layer is the way to go, as I need to hide all shapes initially, and then selectively make some visible as well as perform other manipulations.

This needs to run completely unattended (on a server), and not knowing how many shapes I have to deal with in advance makes me more than a bit nervous relying on the clipboard.

As I have very little control (at this point) over the starting document, I assume I will need to determine how many layers are present (or can I just create a new one and have the layer number/Id returned ?)
Old 03-02-2010, 00:35

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Layer

You can name the Layer was ever you like. I would make it something rather random so their would not be a duplicate.

-Shelby
Old 03-02-2010, 00:38
andrewf

Default New Layer

Thanks, now for the confession.

I am a newbie to CorelDraw (and only vaguely familiar with VBA).

How do I create a new layer ?

The documentation I have suggests there is a LayerCreate method available to the Document class, but this doesn't seem to be available.
Old 03-02-2010, 00:40
andrewf

OK - answering my own question (or part of it).
LayerCreate is an event not a method, which explains why I can't call it but now how I create one in the first place
Old 03-02-2010, 01:01

Default Simple example

Here is a quick example. It will move any selected object to the new layer and make them invisible.
Code:
Sub SimpleExample()
    Dim sr As ShapeRange
    Dim lr As Layer

Set sr = ActiveSelectionRange
    Set lr = ActivePage.CreateLayer("~HideMe~")

sr.MoveToLayer lr
    lr.Visible = False
End Sub
Best of luck,

-Shelby