OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > OberonPlace Discussion > Web site suggestions

Old 20-01-2003, 22:39
johndankey

Default Idea?

Hey, all.

I see a lot of folks writing here & to the newsgroup who say, "I'm writing a script to do such-and-such". Yet we never see it. Is it just that people aren't willing to take the (admittedly considerable) time to clean up & idiot-proof their scripts? Are they embarrassed by their scripts (Wanna good laugh? Look at mine - http://johndankey.com)?

How about a forum where people can post scripts they are working on, or code fragments? That way people can pick them up & use them, or fix them up & post adjustments/repairs/improvements to the file. Help files, examples, etc. can wait until the original author (or anyone else) gets around to it.

I'm not talking about scripts they're having problems with. I'm talking about more or less working scripts that are either complete or fairly complete, but the author doesn't have time to finish.

Thank you,

John-Dan Key
Old 21-01-2003, 14:35
Administrator

Default Re: Idea?

John-Dan,

Nice idea. I thought about converting the current macro/script list (which currently contains mostly my programs) into something dynamic that people can upload code snippets into and others can re-use the code for their own needs. Could be worth a try. Any particular ideas on how to implement this so it is useful?
Old 21-01-2003, 15:06
johndankey

Alex,

I don't know much about useful (I'm an artist :wink: ), but I was thinking along the lines of each script or snippet in it's own topic. Adjustments, etc. can be posted below. That's about as far as I've got.

John-Dan