OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 29-03-2007, 09:09
LGD

I've been having a couple of problems with the new version of this. The long-standing one is that Draw does not exit properly after the macro has been run, I have to terminate the process in task manager to get Draw to close completely. This has happened in all of the new versions of the macro.

I just grabbed the newest one posted - lf_ColorReplacer29.3.7.gms and it does not run at all, I get an error like the attached screen shot and when I hit the debug button the editor selects the same line of code that others have noted:

Code:
MainForm.Show  'vbModal

Any ideas? Thanks.

LGD
Attached Images

Old 29-03-2007, 10:27
Lev

I managed to recreate similar bug when there were no open palettes while the macro is started, I'll fix it soon. Try to open any palette before a macro starting.

Write if you allready have opened palettes, then there is another reason causing the bug. We'll try to catch it.
Old 29-03-2007, 13:44
LGD

Yes, that's the problem, open palettes. I do have a palette open all the time, but it's a custom palette with mostly spot colors on it. If I have the default CMYK palette open, the macro works fine, and Draw closes properly. If I don't have the default CMYK palette open, the macro doesn't work, and Draw does not close properly. I tried most of the rest of the palettes, and it seems only the default CMYK palette will fix the problem.

LGD
Old 29-03-2007, 18:39

Default Good Detective Work By LGD

LGD has found the answer. Typically, I too only use a customised palette. The problem is with which palettes have been opened. With Os's remake I can confirm that the 440 runtime error goes away if I first open the default CMYK palette. I don't need it open when I run the macro but I need to have opened it at least once. With the latest version by Lev I actually need the default CMYK palette open or I get the same runtime error as LGD. The problem is in the palettes.

Chris
Old 26-05-2007, 12:30

latest versions in the first post (both wOxxOm's and Lev's) fix the error at start and probably don't require any palette tweaking...
Old 31-05-2007, 15:03
LGD

Yes, excellent...... but (there just had to be a but...) the "live mouse-over" on the color palette is great, but it doesn't wait for you to click on a color in the palette to change the color you're looking for. So, if I pick a color using the eyedropper or the current selection button, the color changes to the color I want, but then I move the mouse pointer down to the "replace" palette or the eyedropper, the "find" color changes because the mouse moved over the palette. Also, if you have an object on screen that you want to pick from, and it just happens to be aligned with the palette in the dialog, it won't change the color when you use the eyedropper, because the dialog comes back and the palette appears below the mouse and changes the color to whatever happens to be under the mouse.

The work around is to click any color on the palette first, which locks out the mouse over action, then use the eye dropper or current selection button.

Same thing happens in both versions.

LD
Old 31-05-2007, 15:12

:-) yeah I know, I missed a thing when I tried to improve pantone palettes show speed...Now I've reuploaded in the first post
Old 31-05-2007, 18:28

Hi, I've just downloaded and tried the updated version and the history section doesn't seem to be doing anything. Also when I try to select a colour in the palette CorelDraw pops up the dialogue asking me if I want to change the settings for newly created objects. It doesn't crash any more though which is great.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)
Old 31-05-2007, 18:45

works here ok...still can't figure out what in the code might spoil the vba interpreter so much. Btw, which version - mine or Lev's?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:10

Hi Os, it was yours. I just tried Lev's and it crashed. I didn't investigate the error very closely but seems to be the same problem I had before.

All the best,

Chris