OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Oberon Products > New product ideas

Old 04-03-2009, 05:23
fungel

Default "Advanced Clipboard" - update on Selection Manager

Hi,

This would be a clipboard associated with each file where you can select items, name the item and have for later recall at any stage. the benefit is a) you know what it is called b) it does not occupy space on your page(s). I have jobs where artwork is changed all the time and before i know it i have Original Object, Object with colours changed to different colour palette, object which has been welded, object tested with cutter/screen printer etc...
I'm also always worried about modifying by mistake the Original Object...
Please note this would not be a "link file" program as i am trying to keep file numbers to a minimum.

This would mean very easy and streamlined system with hardly any complete pages.... It also means when i go to print or cut that i don't have to worry about what is selected/what is on the current page (as opposed to surrounding area) etc....

One more addition to this could me having The Clipboard with a MASTER section available to ALL FILES where i can recall my LOGO (used frequently), my contact details etc... maybe also current date & time.... and also maybe complete CDR files!!

This would help my everyday working life sooooo much!

Thanks,

Fungel
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26
Administrator

Interesting idea... There is something you could probably do about it right now though.

Open Scrapbook docker (Tools>Scrapbook>Browse). Navigate to a folder of your choice (e.g. C:\Temp, or create a new one like C:\MyImageBits).

Then drag an object or more onto the scrapbook docker. It will create a "Scrap" item in there. You can rename it to something like "MyLogo". You can pile up a whole bunch of those. When you need to reuse those elements, then just drag them back onto your document.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:28
fungel

Default Cheers

Big thumbs up to you Alex.

It works a treat.... P.S If you use HOT FOLDERS then you can link straight to a Scrappy Book Folder with all your scraps.... all works pretty quick! Incidentally I have HOT FOLDERS linking to a folder on my desktop which has shortcuts to loads of places on my computer so although hot folders only has 3 links i have loads more on mine... just a wee tip

Cheers Alex.

Kyle
Old 07-03-2009, 10:14
fungel

Default Improvement again!

Actually there's free prog called M8 Free Clipboard Utility which records last 25 copy to clipboard files. Very good. But you can also buy Spartan with which you can apparently have some permanent storage on there... also things like using from usb flash drive and other cool stuff.....

Kyle