OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Oberon Products > New product ideas

Old 12-12-2002, 14:43
acaputo1

Default New Macro / script for CorelDraw V. x

As a Project Designer for an architecture firm, I get asked constantly if Corel Draw can calculate square footages. I have discovered that it cannot, and this leads me to wish there were a script out there that would calculate the area of a bezier outline, or simple rectangle, have a pull down to a scale factor multiplier and give you the final out put.

It would be nice, I always answer with, " You should do your square footage calc's in autocad..."
Old 12-12-2002, 16:55
Administrator

Default Re: New Macro / script for CorelDraw V. x

It's interesting because I'm working on exactly the same macro as you want.

The only thing I planned is to use the current document scale (as found in Tools>Options>Document>Rulers>Edit Scale...) rather than a drop-down list for the scale. Do you think it will be sufficient?
Old 18-12-2002, 09:31
acaputo1

Default page scale.

I think that would be fine. From an architectural point of view, most people export to scale anyway. IE> the vector on my sheet that I import was exported to a specific scale to fit the final presentation sheet size.

I think this is a very critical macro you are working on. Most planners in our profession would like an all in one package. Something they can do presentation drawings in and also recieve the technical information for Departmental Square footages, building gross', etc.

If would would please keep me informed of your progress I would greatly appreciate it.

I can be reached via emal : acaputo@cannondesign.com

Thank you and keep up the great work.
Old 07-02-2003, 21:15
Administrator

Default New Macro / script for CorelDraw V. x

Ok, the CurveWorks I mentioned before is available for testing from http://www.oberonplace.com/products/...orks/index.htm
Old 31-08-2003, 14:43
wilma

Default Square footage calculation

Please keep in mind that Corel draw (whichever version you use) plays havoc with measurements.
Is is not nearly as accurate as Autocad.
In my view, once you set the program to a default unit, the entire application should follow the default unit set.
And not, as was and IS still the case, in one screen the units are millimeters, while in the next screen it may just as well turn out to be pixels you're looking at. This has always been a major problem. I wish someone would straighten this out in a future version.
K.regards,
Wilma