OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 21-05-2005, 03:53

Default 4DR Alex:) turn on/off "Snap to objects" & "snap location marks" from VBA

Long live Alex & CorelDraw! ;-)

1. Will it be possible in Draw13 to turn on/off "Snap to objects" & "snap location marks" from VBA? Or at least will there be customizable buttons "[x] snap to objects location marks" & [x] snap to objects screen tips", so that it'll be possible to drag them into workspace?

2. BTW draw12 question: I have text on a path and occidentally drag text red control handle along path curve, so it becomes not centered. OK. but if I want to center it after some time, do I really have to center it manually, - for I haven't found how to recenter it ;-)

3. P.S. ;-) I dream of class "Application.Options" with all the options tree from Tools->Options except Customize ;-)

4. I write multi-file printing macro (like "fileconverter" macro), I don't see how I can implement user-tuning & saving proprietary printer driver's params (like epson's color enhancements, paper media type, etc) for just the time my macro runs. If I use Printer.ShowDialog it retains setup only for current document, when macro opens next doc, printer setup is reset to system default. THE ONLY WAY I found is to tune all the printer's params in WINDOWS->START->printers. But the drawback is I must remember to restore normal printing setup.
Old 14-06-2005, 12:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm
1. Will it be possible in Draw13 to turn on/off "Snap to objects" & "snap location marks" from VBA? Or at least will there be customizable buttons "[x] snap to objects location marks" & [x] snap to objects screen tips", so that it'll be possible to drag them into workspace?
Well, I can't comment on that. I guess we'll have to wait and see what makes it into the new version. But I'll pass your suggestion along.

Quote:
2. BTW draw12 question: I have text on a path and occidentally drag text red control handle along path curve, so it becomes not centered. OK. but if I want to center it after some time, do I really have to center it manually, - for I haven't found how to recenter it ;-)
Interestingly enough I also bumped into exact same issue the other day. The only think I found is that the changes you make to text position with the red dot can be undone by going into text editing dialog (Ctrl-Shit-T) and then just closing it without changing it. This seems to discard any changes made by dragging the red dot.

Quote:
3. P.S. ;-) I dream of class "Application.Options" with all the options tree from Tools->Options except Customize ;-)
That would be really something, I agree...

Quote:
4. I write multi-file printing macro (like "fileconverter" macro), I don't see how I can implement user-tuning & saving proprietary printer driver's params (like epson's color enhancements, paper media type, etc) for just the time my macro runs. If I use Printer.ShowDialog it retains setup only for current document, when macro opens next doc, printer setup is reset to system default. THE ONLY WAY I found is to tune all the printer's params in WINDOWS->START->printers. But the drawback is I must remember to restore normal printing setup.
Well, unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. Private driver information is just that - private. Nobody except for the driver knows what it is and how it is saved. There is no program which can make sense of that private data. All a program can do is show the driver's print settings dialog, let the user change the data and then store the data as provided by the driver to be used later by the driver. It can't know what's inside. Even something as simple as the paper size on printer may not work because each driver can have different paper sizes available and have different approaches at implementing it. Unfortunately there is nothing you (or anybody else) can do about this...