OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Oberon Products > Calendar Wizard

Old 25-10-2006, 10:19
Lucas Grijander

Default Bug in week days

Hi,

I don't know if anybody reports this, but is a bug in the wizard. The bus is simply, it not computes the week day correctly, so all operations with week days has this problem. I'm in spain and here the week day starts in monday and not in sunday and for example If I set a hollyday like 'mothers day' that is the first sunday of may, for 2007 is in monday, but wizard sets in thuesday. Another similar behavoir happends if you set a hollyday that move it if falls in sunday to monday, that only move if the hollyday is in thuesday and not move if is really in sunday. In my spanish windows sunday is 1 and saturday is 7 so you must adjust this with a function that were compatible with ISO8601: 1 is monday and 7 is sunday.. or fix this if you know that you can set the first day of the week and if is monday this is really 2 not 1.

Regards...
Old 25-10-2006, 20:44
Administrator

I'm not quite sure I understand the problem. I tried generating the calendar in Spanish (Spain) locale. And while the week starts with Monday (as you indicated) the days and dates are placed correctly. I also added a mother's day holiday set to occur on first Sunday of May. And for 2007 it appears to be on Sunday, May the 6th which is correct.

Are you sure you are specifying the correct settings for your calendar? Can you save your calendar project and send it to me. I'd like to take a look at it.
Old 27-10-2006, 06:23
Lucas Grijander

Ok.. thats right. Now set 'Move to next mondady if falls in Sunday' and you see that is not moved. Now set new year (1st of Jan) with 'Move to next monday if falls in Sunday' and you see that is moved to day 2 when day 1 is monday.
Old 28-10-2006, 00:09
Administrator

It seems to work here. I'm attaching a screenshot of the "Mother's day" holiday I have defined and while it falls on May 6 in 2007 (Sunday), moving it to the next Monday works correctly and the holiday is moved to May 7th... See the second attached picture.

Are you settings the same? Could you just save the calendar project (on the Project tab in the main dialog press "Save Project..." button). Maybe there is some other setting that confuses the program...

Alex
Attached Images

Old 30-10-2006, 06:02
Lucas Grijander

This is the mother's day (6 of May for 2007, Sunday):
Name:  mothersday.gif
Views: 255
Size:  19.6 KB
And this is the result (7 of May for 2007, Monday):
Name:  mothersday2.gif
Views: 214
Size:  17.7 KB
This is the new day (1 of Jan for 2007, Monday):
Name:  newyear.gif
Views: 223
Size:  19.7 KB
And this is the result (2 of Jan for 2007, Thuesday):
Name:  newyear2.gif
Views: 193
Size:  17.6 KB
Here goes the configuration file..Calendaro 2007 BN2.zip
Old 30-10-2006, 22:34
Administrator

Ah, that's what you mean!

The dates in the dialog are actually shown for the current year (from the system clock, that is, 2006). However the appropriate year will be used when you generate the calendar. Just try running the program and actually generate the calendar for May 2007 and you'll see that everything will be Ok.
Old 31-10-2006, 01:19
Lucas Grijander

Ok.

But one question about this: How I can move the day but not the celebration, i.e., this year (2006), "new year" (1st of January) falls in Sunday, and and the "day" (the celebration) is 1st of January and must be labeled with this, but next Monday is hollyday but not is the "new year" day, so I want to label the "day" and mark the hollyday.

Thanks in advance..