OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 18-02-2008, 10:25
WernerHo

Default Cruel Problem with Textframes.....

Hi all together
(please excuse my ......... english)
Although I am not sure whether it is an Excel or Corel Draw Problem, I would like to place this question here also:
I have a Excel-Macro that fills various shapes with a text frame. This text is centered in the Rectangle-shape. At the end of the Macro the frames are copied into the clipboard and then pasted to Corel Draw for further process. This macro temporarily runs on three computers on which each is a version of Office 2007 and CorelDraw11 installed. Both have the same versions.
On two computers everything runs fine only on the third PC is the text, produced in Excel in 'centered', in Corel Draw drifted to the left, although in all programs on all PC's the same settings are made
On the other PC's, the text is, as it should be, centered.
Anyone an idea? I posted this Question even to an Excel-Forum, but it looks like nobody knows..........
I would be thankful for every tip.
Greetings
Werner
Old 18-02-2008, 14:30

a wild guess: you know the message that appears on pasting a text into DRAW - the dialog with three formatting suggestions and a checkbox to hide the dialog in future, assuming the default behaviour chosen.

So I think that maybe this is the case - on that third pc the default behaviour is to paste text without full formatting.

To reset IMHO it's enough to check the warning in Tools->Options->Warnings->"Pasting ... text"
Old 19-02-2008, 05:45
WernerHo

Hi wOxxOm
thank you for your 'wild guess', but unfortunately.... it didn't work. All Warnings are checked.
I will go on searching.
Thank you
Greetings
Werner
Old 19-02-2008, 12:12
Lev

Are Text Styles equal for all the computers?
Old 19-02-2008, 14:16
WernerHo

Hi Lev
yes, the Styles are the same. They are created by exactly the same Excel-Macro, with exactly the same Fonts and the same Fontsettings, they are just copied in the clipboard and pasted into CorelDraw. I tested various Macrosettings for the Text, but it is allways the same.... Some PC's do it right, others don't.
The Joke is, that the software is fresh installed on all the PC' without doing any settings (in any case, I can't remember that I changed anything).
Yep, I tould you, that it is a really strange Problem. If I ever solve this, I will tell you all.
Thank you
Greetings
Werner