OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Oberon Products > CurveWorks

Old 26-03-2008, 12:40
excessiveforce

Default X4 Compatible?

Is X4 compatible with CW?
Old 27-03-2008, 08:24
CocaColaKid

I wish it were. I'm holding back upgrading until it is because I use it all the time and would be lost without it. I may already be but until it's posted as being compatible that I can only assume that it is not.
Old 27-03-2008, 09:23
excessiveforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocaColaKid View Post
I wish it were. I'm holding back upgrading until it is because I use it all the time and would be lost without it. I may already be but until it's posted as being compatible that I can only assume that it is not.
I hope it is or is going to be. I need the overlapping node function daily.
Old 30-04-2008, 12:41
excessiveforce

So has anyone tried it yet?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10
CocaColaKid

I have not tried it because I don't want to install X4 and find out it doesn't work and have to go back and uninstall it and re-install X3. Would be nice though if Alex would give us an update if he plans on supporting X4 or not. If so approximately when?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:59
Administrator

Sorry guys for the delay... I was almost done with converting the macros to X4, preparing installers, workspaces, etc... and then my computer went up in smokes... I lost all three hard drives (and pretty much everything else). So I had to buy a new machine, reinstall all the software... just to find out that I didn't back up all my work. So I had to start from my month's old backup. I hope to redo the work and prepare the X4 packages for all my macros within a week or so...

But on a positive note, I have a brand new (fast) machine with lots of memory and hard drive space... I have learned my lesson and now have setup nightly backups to a network file server
Old 11-05-2008, 21:23
excessiveforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Sorry guys for the delay... I was almost done with converting the macros to X4, preparing installers, workspaces, etc... and then my computer went up in smokes... I lost all three hard drives (and pretty much everything else). So I had to buy a new machine, reinstall all the software... just to find out that I didn't back up all my work. So I had to start from my month's old backup. I hope to redo the work and prepare the X4 packages for all my macros within a week or so...

But on a positive note, I have a brand new (fast) machine with lots of memory and hard drive space... I have learned my lesson and now have setup nightly backups to a network file server
Congratulations sir on the new computer. I look forward to the update.
Old 16-05-2008, 09:42
CocaColaKid

Wow Alex that sucks. Been there once before and never again. People always laugh at my home computer. I have 4 x 35GB 15k U320 SCSI, 1 x SATA 300GB and 1 x 40GB IDE hard drive and all my data is backed up across multiple drives just incase I lose one of them. That's not including the burned DVD backups as well. The SCSI's are also in a totally separate enclosure all by themselves. Am I just a little paranoid, maybe but I don't like losing information that take hours upon hours to recreate.

The plus side though you did get to upgrade. Will be nice to get the update and new X4. Did they actually change that much between X3 and X4?
Old 22-05-2008, 00:12
Administrator

Ok, folks. The macros have been updated for CorelDRAW X4. I have also done a small refresh for CurveWorks. The Curve Statistics dialog is now modeless, meaning you can leave it open and select different objects in the document. The curve information will automatically be updated.

You can also copy the curve information onto the system clipboard as text.

Old 22-05-2008, 10:46
excessiveforce

Woohoo! Thanks. Now I can upgrade.