OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 11-05-2006, 10:35
keytecstaff

Question CorelDRAW 12 .PDF filter

Hi,

Is there anyway of getting the .PDF filter from CorelDRAW X3 into CorelDRAW 12.

I have downloaded the trial for CorelDRAW X3 and found that it does a better job of importing .PDF files than CorelDRAW 12.

Many thanks,

Old 11-05-2006, 13:36

well I was unable to accomplish this by mere copying, so I checked some internals

Corel12 - CRLPDFImport.dll has builtin functions - GetPDFFileInfo, ImportPDFFileToDraw, ImportPDFFileToWP

CorelX3 - CRLPDFImport.dll has builtin functions - GetAINativeDataA (+W), GetPDFFileInfoA (+W), ImportPDFFileA (+W), ValidatePassword

It's obvious for me that A,W letters mean that now pdf filter uses unicode, it's good. But names changed, some added, some disappeared and possibly inner treatment logic too.

I don't have knowledge to manipulate dll headers. Maybe someone here or rather on some hacking communities knows ;-)
Old 11-05-2006, 13:44

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Pdf

Upgrade to X3!

Shelby
Old 12-05-2006, 11:20
sallybode

Default I use both 12 and X3 about equally

I work for a commercial printer and use CorelDRAW constantly however, it is a pain with X3 because it doesn't understand plate rotation. I understand how to send in portrait mode and nothing more, if you send landscape and have a landscape press it cuts the image in half and there is no way to solve it. Other people have complained also about this.

But if I rotate it myself on my desktop, no problem then with printing. However, I am the senior graphic artist and the others don't understand X3 yet or its advantages, why one would put up with this.

Yes, .pdf's are better supported. Spot color, there are lots more things you can do with it, overprint preview is great and you can apply transparencies to spot color, you have shadow modes so multiply is already selected which mean that they blend in seamlessly to four color process and no longer look anemeic or have to go in and sample the underneath color and add those colors to my shadow as I used to do.

Trace is worlds better.

And I am keeping more of my money in my pocket by not having to invest in InDesign and Illustrator and Photoshop. Phooey. If I have to upgrade, I'd rather pay it to Corel for something which is reasonable than a price which is jacked up becaue it's "Adobe", let us all humbly bow. </end bitter sarcasm>!!!

I agree, buy the upgrade.
Old 16-05-2006, 07:16
keytecstaff

Question

Attached is a .PDF file with two dashed lines.

When I import this .PDF file into CorelDRAW 12 the dashed lines change and the diagonal line has made the dashes turn horizontal.

When I import this .PDF file into the Trial Version of CorelDRAW X3 the lines are OK.

If anyone knows how to fix this in CorelDRAW 12 it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Last edited by keytecstaff; 04-01-2007 at 09:47.
Old 16-05-2006, 21:57
sallybode

I didn't open it in X3 but could suggest that you are going from a Corel program to an Adobe one, and their line descriptions are different. If you convert to curves, break apart and regroup, I bet the problem goes away.
Old 17-05-2006, 15:09
keytecstaff

Yeah I have already tried converting to curves and breaking the curve apart etc and the problem does go away.

But the problem is I will be processing figures with possably loads of dashed lines and to select each one and break them apart will take a very long time.

Thanks,

Old 17-05-2006, 21:00
sallybode

You can select all and convert everything to curves at one time, you know.
Old 18-05-2006, 09:23
keytecstaff

Convert to curves is grayed out.

Anyway the dashed lines are still not as they appear in the .PDF file.

In PDF file they are - - - - - -
but in CorelDRAW 12 they have gone — - — - — - —

This does not happen in CorelDRAW X3.

Old 18-05-2006, 21:18
sallybode

Good, there is light at the end of the tunnel and if I run rast enough, I just might avoid being his by the train.