OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 23-06-2006, 10:17
jkendo

Default X3 and print dialogue box

We recently upgraded to X3 from v12 here at work. Every since then I've been having a heck of a time printing. The print dialogue box opens and it hangs up while its doing the "preflight". Is there a way to turn off the "preflight"? My work around is that I change all my fonts to curves before I print and then undo after it prints. So I'm assuming it is a font issue of some kind. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm working on a PC with PLENTY of hard disk space and RAM.
Old 23-06-2006, 10:32

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Printing

My first suggestion would be to reset your workspace using F8, if this doesn't work you can turn off the preflight settings by clicking the preflight tab, and then select Settings. Just unclick everything you don't want it to check for and save it.

Shelby
Old 23-06-2006, 11:06
jkendo

Thanks for the quick reply shelbym. I tried both of your suggestions but neither worked
Old 23-06-2006, 11:17
sallybode

X3 is a much larger program than 12 and I'd suggest to solve future problems that you set up Font Navigator and use it faithfully. Your fonts are little TSR's that stay loaded in your Windows Font folder and even though XP does a decent job of handling them, it isn't the ideal for a program such as DRAW.

There is an excellent tutorial on how to set up your font folder and use Font Navigator at Unleash.com.

There are yet some issues with Font Navigator and X3, but it is far worse not to use it.
Old 23-06-2006, 11:56
jkendo

Hey Sallybode, could you be a little more specific where the tutorial on unleased is found. I have been looking but can't find it. Sorry if it's right in front of my face and I didn't see it!
Old 23-06-2006, 18:07

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Files Printing

Is it all files, or just specific ones. If it is a couple would you mind emailing them to me and I can give them a go: shelbym@v-cut.com

What printer are you printing to?

Thanks,

Shelby
Old 26-06-2006, 09:36
jkendo

Shelbym, I am having problems with only files with text on them. I can print Huge jpegs with no problem. Unfortunately, I can't send the files to you do to they are business files of a sensitive nature. I am printing to a Canon CLC4000 printer if it makes any difference. I can say that I believe I may have a corrupt font of some kind. I also use photoshop and Friday night it started giving me an error when I tried to type any text. I copied all the fonts from another computer of mine and photoshop is working now. Corel is still giving me troubles though.
Old 28-06-2006, 18:18
sallybode

http://www.unleash.com/articles/fonts/fontmanage.html

Try this, he has other articles, he has a search you can use to find all he has written on the subject or any other you may want to read about.
Old 29-06-2006, 08:34
jkendo

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a look today!
Old 13-07-2006, 10:09
jkendo

FYI. After talking to Corel's Support Staff via email they suggested that my custom workspace that I have been using must have become corrupt and to replace it with the default one. That did the trick! Some of the files that I was having problems with printing prior to changing the workspace still don't want to work right, but everything that I have created after changing the workspace has printed perfectly. Thanks a ton for all the support here and I hope that this might help someone else who is in the same boat