OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 22-11-2005, 03:52
Zizy

I do not understood your answers.
I enter a text from keyboard for example. Than start macros:converting text to curves, creating curves such as grey on the picture. This grey text I named as not contour text. That must be vector graphic. I already hate this problem.

How I can do such macros?
Answer please not difficulty.
Old 22-11-2005, 10:13
Administrator

Zizy,

I guess the problem with answering your question is that we don't quite understand it. Let me try to describe what I understand of your problem, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you have a thin, almost wireframe font, such as shown on the image below. All you need is to create a wider font such as shown on the following image in blue. Is that it?

Or is it the opposite (from wide blue font you want to make a thin gray/black one?)
Attached Images

Old 22-11-2005, 12:04
Zizy

Opposite! From blue need to do gray!
Blue font is some arial text fitted to path
I need to create a gray text inside blue text

Maybe "Contour" bad translation
I wanted say that "Contour" is some curve, which can be filled. It closed. Such as blue letters.
Old 22-11-2005, 18:52
Fluid

Use the Contour Tool after your text is fit to your path.
Ctrl+F9 or Windows/Dockers/Contour

Fit text to path.
Apply color
Add contour to inside, switch to colors tab and add contour color.
You can break the contour apart as well and direct select to change attributes as well

Now that this has been figured out the guru's will need to help with the macro portion.

Cant seem to figure out the code to work with my image host but the links work

Last edited by Fluid; 22-11-2005 at 18:57.
Old 23-11-2005, 04:13
Zizy

I already tried to use this docker. Here is the problem that a width of line in letter is different in different places. Here is my result using a docker.
Let's close that thread becouse we don't understand each other. Or I don't understand you
Attached Images

Old 23-11-2005, 11:56
Fluid

I believe you will have that limitation with any software.
Depending on the properties of the font used you will always have that problem. Sounds like you might need to create a specific font that will work in this case yet opposite. Create a font thin line (outline) then add an outside contour for your second colored object. Your macro would then apply the outside contour.

Im not a guru and like to help when possible, as I learn when doing so. Hopefully I did not muck up this thread with my input.
Old 24-11-2005, 02:34
Zizy

No problem. This metod I doing only for Arial and small font sizes. For other I nothing need to do.

I tried to create new font. I think that you said me to create letter with zero inside square. There are many lacks. I created few easy letters in few hours with calculator in Font Lab. When I saw a difficult letters I desided to go by other way.

Thanks everybody answered for any help.

If you are interesting I say how I do this.
I work with curve nodes & its parametrs such as length, angle, position.
For each letter I have its own code where wrote for example line from node 3 to node 7, then curve from node 1 to node 2 and some other. But here is many problems too

P.S. And I want to say that very bad boys created "ARIAL"
Old 24-11-2005, 10:14
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizy
P.S. And I want to say that very bad boys created "ARIAL"
I hear you on that. Especially I hate the uppercase "A" with assymetric distorted top.
Attached Images

Old 25-11-2005, 08:27
Zizy

Letter "A" is easy for me. I created such procedures as Line, Curve_on_Curve, Curve_on_Line and Curve_on_Point.
I don't like "Arial" becouse there is many nodes, which don't change a curve and I delete them. Sometimes I need some node which absent.
And some similar letters have different start node. It's bad.

I have problems with letters such as "a". But I have seen that I dont need such accurancy as i did . That's for font size < 10.

Question: how I can add some node in some curve?
Attached Images

Old 25-11-2005, 09:45
Administrator

Adding nodes is easy. All you need is to find a segment you want to add the node to and then call Segment.AddNodeAt with the appropriate offset from the beginning of the segment.

But if you know the segment and offset, you don't even have to add a node, just call Segment.GetPointPositionAt and you'll get X,Y coordinates of that point...

Last edited by Alex; 28-11-2005 at 10:07.