OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 19-07-2006, 13:54
katie

Default Color Changes in Corel.

At the firm where I work we all use Corel 12. However, I think there must be some variation in the way the settings are though because sometimes if I open file that I was working on on my computer on another staff member's computer, the colors show up way different. I'm not talking about lighter or darker....I'm talking green shows up as yellow and blue as black. I think it has something might have something to do with pantone colors...Not sure. Also sometimes I'll open up file that has a color eps in it, and the entire logo will turn black. Again, I think it's something to do with the pantone colors showing up in the Custom Spot Color Pallette on some people's computers.....Any ideas? Desperately want to solve this issue.

Katie
Old 19-07-2006, 15:20
Administrator

Well, I've heard of this before. Generally I would avoid using Custom Spot colors palette (User Inks) at all. Using just regular Pantone or any other factory Spot palettes is Ok. You can create your own palette and put some Pantone color in it if you want to just have a subset of pantone colors handy. But don't use the User Inks palette and create your own spot colors (like "My Super Duper Spot Blue" color)...
Old 19-07-2006, 15:33
katie

We don't use the custom spot color pallette....but one some computers the colors that are changing show up in the custom spot color pallette, instead of in the regular fixed palette one.....I don't get it.
Old 19-07-2006, 15:35
katie

is there a way to delete the custom spot color palette?
Old 20-07-2006, 00:35
sallybode

I don't think this is an answer. I'd try to change the color to the regular palette with the Color Replacer script. Once saved, no more bugs.
Old 20-07-2006, 16:16
katie

The problem is we work with hundreds of files and we don't know when it's changing the colors or not. I just noticed it on a few very common logos (coca cola, or HP)....We don't always know if the colors have changed or not.....I think it might have something to do with when eps logos are imported and some of the color names may be specific to the logo. For example, a color may be name, HP blue. The company sends us the logo and we import it into the file. Perhaps the custom color imports fine and is added to the custom spot color pallette in on that inital corel program where it was imported....but if we then open it on another computer, on another corel (same version though)...it doesn't have that color in the pallette?

Does that make sense?
Old 20-07-2006, 17:03
sekshin8

Default Color Managment

I'm sure there are alot more people out there that are much more saavy with this program than me. That being said, I once had problem where the colors wouldn't match (only slightly off though) on different computers. I turned off the color management and it solved my problem.

Tools-->Color Management

Change Style to "Color Managment Off"

Good luck.
Old 20-07-2006, 17:17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie
Does that make sense?
katie, it does make sense. When you import EPS files with custom spot colors, those spot colors are added to the User Inks palette. And there is a problem transferring these to another copy of CorelDRAW (at least I've heard about these problems from other people).
Old 20-07-2006, 17:22
Administrator

Oh, and by the way, I've got an impression that this problem (or at least some cases of this) is fixed in CorelDRAW X1 SR1... Could be worth trying it out...
Old 23-07-2006, 13:32
sallybode

Depending upon the program used on logos such as the HP logo and the blue in the logo being called HP blue, you can actually create a custom spot color which is outside of the Pantone color swatches and it will separate when sent to the press as though it were black, however, you won't roam it in color on the digital platemaker, as with normal spot colors, will appear in the correct color on screen on a platemaker.

I've had a customer choose a really wierd spot color palette that no one ever heard of, the colors were correct on my screen but went all to black on the platemaker. There was no way for me to see the registration. I did recolor their job because I have to see the trap to check it.

When your files are received it would be reasonable that they are checked for this problem off the bat. If a wierd color is received, a .jpeg or .tif image should come along with it so that you can see what the print intent is. Then it is best for the client to resave the file so they have it correctly for future use or if you resave it, it is best to be returned to the customer for any future orders.