OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 28-10-2010, 00:54
bkurt

Default CorelDraw COM Automation "Undo" command

Hi ladies and gents,

I try to use the "Undo" command of several opened Draw documents. It seems there is a bug related to the "Undo" command if there are several opened documents, because the undo is always tied to the latest opened document.

The following steps should clearify the above mentioned issue.

Open Draw (12 or X3 or X4 or X5) and open 3 documents. Perform some drawing operations on each document. Afterwards switch the ActiveDocument through Com Automation (C#, C++, ....)

corel.Documents[1].Activate();

corel.ActiveDocument.Undo(1); // the undo command won't undo the latest command on document 1. instead it will undo the document opened last.

I hope somebody has experience in this field of CorelDraw automation

Kind regards Lela
Old 06-12-2010, 14:46
Craig Tucker

Default CorelDRAW Automation

Hi Lela,
Just a question - why would you need to issue an 'undo' under automation? I guess it depends on the application.

Anyhow, although Corel states it is multi-threaded - I have really never trusted that it truly is. Computers are cheap - I suggest setting up an asynchronous process on separate computers (if your volume is heavy) to pickup your request (ie. one at a time), process your document, and close it without saving and you should never have any multi-document issues.

If IsObject(mCor) Then
If lbDocOpen = True Then
mCor.Dirty = False
mCor.Close
End If
Set mCor = Nothing
End If

HTH, Craig.
Old 06-12-2010, 17:36

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Tucker View Post
Anyhow, although Corel states it is multi-threaded - I have really never trusted that it truly is.
Just a note, X5 has made large improvements in the multi-threading. Saving and Printing are a few of the bigger ones.

-Shelby

Tags
com automation, undo