OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Oberon Products > New product ideas

Old 07-02-2005, 15:55
johndankey

Default Is there a need for a vector based drop-shadow macro?

I started making a vector-based drop-shadow macro several years ago. I wanted to create shadows for shapes, but then be able to trim them & merge them, which the bitmap-based drop-shadow function in Draw cannot do.

Things came up, as they tend to do, including losing nearly all the macros I've made over the years in a rather embarassing mistake which I won't get into here (I wouldn't want anyone to have a coronary while laughing at me).

Anyhoo, I'm planning on getting back to it, but I wonder if I should make it a quick & dirty script, or if I should take the time & trouble to clean it up enough that others can use it.

Thoughts?

John-Dan Key
Old 07-02-2005, 16:08
GraphiXtreme

I would be interested in such an animal. I use Corel for sign-making and would like to see that feature for sure!
Old 07-02-2005, 23:50
Administrator

Default Re: Is there a need for a vector based drop-shadow macro?

Sounds like a good feature. Any ideas on actual implementation? Are you planning to use just contours or something more intricate? Just curious.
Old 08-02-2005, 16:24
johndankey

Alex -- It's been a while since I've worked on it, but looking over the macro I had three algorithms. I seem to recall that depending on the shape involved, one worked better than the other, but I'll have to get into it again to know for sure. One used contours, one enlarged the source object & one was a hybrid. Don't ask me how it works just now -- I don't know either!

Not Completely OT: Back in http://www.oberonplace.com/forum/vie...c&start=30 you said
Quote:
I'm planning to create an installation package which can be used by macro authors to wrap their GMS files and distribute to other people.
Any luck with that?

johndankey
Old 08-02-2005, 18:41
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndankey
Any luck with that?
No, unfortunately not yet. But I'm not giving up on the idea. The time will come. And I hope it will be sooner than later.