OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > Corel PHOTO-PAINT > Macros/Add-ons

Old 05-04-2011, 23:15
drawken

Default How to open an Effects dialog?

Anyone know how to programmatically open a PP X5 effects dialog box, specifically the "Bump Map" effect dialog?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:11

HI.
Only with SendKeys as far as I know.

There is a CorelScript Command for BumpMap (CorelScript.EffectBumpMap)

Since my BumpMap effect causes PP to crash it would be interesting to see if this is a work around.
-John
Old 06-04-2011, 22:11
drawken

Quote:
Originally Posted by runflacruiser View Post
HI.
Only with SendKeys as far as I know.

There is a CorelScript Command for BumpMap (CorelScript.EffectBumpMap)

Since my BumpMap effect causes PP to crash it would be interesting to see if this is a work around.
-John
Thanks for the pointer. I tried calling a CorelScript function in another AddIn (I'm working in C#, as you know ) and it didn't work -- I had to find another way to get at that function and I'll need to do the same for this. But that's a good starting point, thaaaanks for the info!

You're exactly right about what I'm trying to accomplish: PP X5 crashes on my Win7 x64 machine whenever I try to use the BumpMap effect and I want to see if launching the BumpMap dialog in the AddIn's process will, by chance, prevent the crashes.
Old 07-04-2011, 20:06
drawken

Update:
The CorelScript.EffectBumpMap() method requires a couple dozen parameters and apparently is meant to apply those params as a BumpMap effect to an object without displaying the BumpMap dialog.
I'll keep plugging away at this. There has to be some sort of PhotoPaint Object or Selection or ? that has a method to call the dialog....
Old 10-04-2011, 20:16

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Bump-map

Here is how you would do it (unfortunately it still crashes X5, so it does not work as a workaround)
Code:
Sub TestBumpMap()
    Dim cs As Object

Set cs = Application.CorelScript
    cs.BitmapEffect "Bump-map", "BumpMapEffect BumpMapPath=C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Custom Data\Bumpmap, BumpMapFile=Veins.cpt, Mode=0, TileWidth=300, TileHeight=300, Invert=1, Smooth=0, ScaleFactor=10, Floor=0, Ceiling=255, Highlight=0, Direction=315, Declination=25, Brightness=75, AutoAmbient=1, AmbientBrightness=68, Tint=5:255:255:255, AmbientTint=5:255:255:255"
End Sub
-Shelby
Old 11-04-2011, 00:56
drawken

Hi Shelby,
Thanks for the reply, but I'm unable to use any CorelScript functions in an Addin written in C#. Keep getting errors about unsupported COM object casts and non-existent interfaces.

Are you saying that the code you posted displays the BumpMap dialog, or does it simply apply the effect? And are you using that code in a VBA macro or a VSTA Addin?

Last edited by drawken; 11-04-2011 at 01:00.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:06

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Bump-map

Hey Ken,

I used VBA, no it does not open the dialog, it just crashes the app. :-) I did test in X4 just to make sure I have my syntax correct and it does work there. (changing the path for X4)

So its not going to work as a workaround, since you get the same crash.

-Shelby
Old 11-04-2011, 15:50
drawken

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbym View Post
I did test in X4 just to make sure I have my syntax correct and it does work there. (changing the path for X4)
When you ran it under X4, does that CorelScript function open the dialog or does it apply the effect without opening the dialog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbym View Post
So its not going to work as a workaround, since you get the same crash.
I agree that it doesn't look hopeful, but what I still want to test is if opening the BumpMap dialog from within the VSTA Addin process will somehow prevent the crash.
Thanks for your input. I'll keep bashing away at this, but right now I'm at a complete dead end.
Old 11-04-2011, 17:12

Hi.
The feature does work for some. It would be great to find the common denominator. What makes it work for some but not others?
-John
Old 11-04-2011, 17:26
drawken

Quote:
Originally Posted by runflacruiser View Post
It would be great to find the common denominator.
From what I've seen in the forums, it appears to be limited to X5 on Win7. Not sure if 32- or 64- bit makes a difference. (I'm on Win7x64 with the crashes.)