OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 10-08-2012, 16:10

Default Visual basic, snapping

Hello

I originally posted this question at the Corel user forums but it was suggested that it may be better here if anyone may be able to help.

I am trying to emulate something similar to the Corel Designer behavior in which a keypress can be used to enforce a particular type of snapping. This doesn't seem possible in Corel Draw and as a workaround I hoped to write several VBA scripts to allow toggling on and off the components of snapping.

I've found that I can toggle snapping to grid using

Application.ActiveWindow.Document.Grid.Snap = Not (Application.ActiveWindow.Document.Grid.Snap)

and assigned this macro to the letter G. I would now like to write additional scripts to turn on Quadrant snapping (Q), midpoint snapping (M), tangent snapping (T) and so on, but I am having trouble locating the appropriate code in the VBA object model. Can anyone help point me to this? I'm imagining something like

Document.SnaptoTangents = True
Document.SnaptoMidpoints = False
etc.

i.e. I am hoping to find a way to set the values within View, Setup, Snap to Objects dialog box (Modes section) using code

Many thanks if anyone is able to help !
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Snapping

As for as I know this settings are not accessible. They are saved to the registry upon CorelDRAW closing, but you would have to make your changes and reset CorelDRAW for them to be picked up, don't think that is a good solution.

-Shelby
Old 15-08-2012, 17:07

Default Thanks

Many thanks for your help in confirming this !