OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 08-05-2004, 07:58
lees

Default ALEX! YOU TELL ME I CAN'T VIEW YOU SOURCE.HOW ABOUT IT ?

Public Function CheckKey(Key As String, Prefix As String, id As Long) As Long
Dim s As String, s1 As String, s2 As String, s3 As String
Dim b As Boolean, v1 As Long, v2 As Long
Dim n As Long, nn As Double
b = False
s = UCase$(Trim$(Key))
n = Len(Prefix)
If Len(s) = 15 + n And ...

SURLY IT IS A PART OF YOU CORE.
HOW DO YOU THING ABOUT IT ?
I HAD SAY IT IS NOT SAFT TO USE VBA. SO
I SUGGEST U TO CHANGE TO USE OTHER
LANGUAGE TO CREAT YOU PUIG-IN
Old 10-05-2004, 06:45
lees

Default you can look the cerber it is really great!

you can look the cerber it is really great!
build you own program.
do it is under corel it is not a good way to show
how your powerful!!!

I just know how powerful your are accord to you
program.
but only one thing you maybe increse
learn other language .

i think it is very easy to u.
best regard Alex!
lees
Old 10-05-2004, 09:32
Administrator

Default Re: you can look the cerber it is really great!

lees,

I'm not sure why you are so obsessed with security. There are hackers which will reverse engineer your code, VBA or C++, so you can't do much about it. Using advanced anti-debugging tools and hardware protection is an option, but only if the cost and incovenience to the user is really insignificant compared to the value of know-how incorporated into the product.

I really don't see any value into putting extra time and effort into protecting my code that much. It's really not worth it. Besides, the sales are doing rather fine even right now.

Also who said I can't program in other languages? I'm quite proficient in C++, C#, Delphi, PHP, ASP, even Assembly. However VBA provides several benefits:

1. You can integrate the macros right into CorelDRAW's UI (add toolbar icons, etc)
2. Rapid development environment, high-level error handling, tight integration with CorelDRAW object model is extremely important for quick macro development, which drives the cost down.
3. VBA macros are run inside CorelDRAW process, which makes them extremely fast (no interprocess call marshaling, etc). Sometimes the speed could be up to 500 times faster (just try to create Color Replacer in Delphi and run it on a document which has 1000 objects with fountain fills and you'll see the difference).
4. It is MUCH easier to develop interactive components with VBA which respond to CorelDRAW events.
5. You can develop modeless macros (with dialogs floating around even while you are working on CorelDRAW document) and be sure that everything will be cleaned up properly in case the user shuts down CorelDRAW without closing your dialog first.

In the end, I find the benefits VBA gives much more important compared to some wackly hacker which would get my source code and understand how it works. Hackers were, are and will be hacking code, it just the matter of cost of protection versus the gain it gives.

Obviously, your situtation might be different and your code could be of much higher importance to warrant higher protection level. There's nothing wrong with that either.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:11
lees

Default ALEX ,YOU DON'T KNOW THE PRICE OF THE SOFEWARE.

ALEX ,YOU DON'T KNOW THE PRICE OF THE SOFEWARE.
JUST THE "CERBER" http://www.securitygraphics.com/demo.html
AND THE "SUPER LINE" ARE SEAL IN A VERY HIGHT PRICE
JUST AS 20000$.
AND MAYBE IT'S NO BETTER THAN YOU SECRIDESIGN!!!!
SO, YOU SEAL IT IN A VERY LOW PRICE.
JUST 40$.
SO HOW DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT ????
MAYBE IT'S NOT VERY IMPORTANT TO U.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:40
Administrator

Default Re: ALEX ,YOU DON'T KNOW THE PRICE OF THE SOFEWARE.

I'm not even trying to go into the pro market. Don't have desire nor time to do that. The cost of software is determined by a lot of factors but most importantly by the market. Windows has so much technology built into it so it can easily be worth hundreds of dollars, but then Microsoft wouldn't sell a whole lot and capitalize market. And without wide spread of OS, there won't be much software produced for it, and therefore there will be even less demand for it. So, you can claim $100,000 for a single copy and sell two boxes, or you can ask $100 and sell millions.

Cost of software is very speculative. If you ask thousands for a product, you are expected to provide higher level of support, training, maintenance.

At this time, the whole web site is more hobby than business. If I were to make big buck out of it, you would have to pay membership and support fees to get my help
Old 17-07-2004, 19:05
Steve

Quote:
At this time, the whole web site is more hobby than business. If I were to make big buck out of it, you would have to pay membership and support fees to get my help
Worth a million too!! Thanks Alex for not just your help but your site and the forum. I visit this site about 4 or 5 times a week now but rarely do I have to log on and get a question answered, the forums are full of answered questions already.

Yours and others expertise and the ideas I get here are worth a million.. and you give it away. Thanks!

There... now that I've brown nosed the sysop, I hope you'll never charge me to get on here. Kidding... thanks again!
________
List Of Chrysler Platforms Specifications

Last edited by Steve; 12-03-2011 at 00:33.
Old 19-07-2004, 16:12
Webster

Hear Hear!

I'm extremely gratefull for the service Alex has provided over the years.

As I explained in an earlier post, the ideas and suggestions that I've been able to put into practice from Alex's sites have saved me 1000's of hours.

And it enabled me to ease my way into programming.

It's amazing how my first simple "step and repeat" application written in CorelScript led to quite complex databases, quoting programs etc in VB, Access etc.

Cheers!