OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 01-06-2006, 10:59
jfelder

Default Using Macros to Export to Gif and/or EPS

I am really new to VB/Macros and Corel for that matter. I would like to create a Macro/Button to streamline the Export to GIF and EPS. I have seen the Export macro but that is for exporting several as a batch. I would like something similar to Photoshop actions where I can just click a button or a keystroke and it exports with my settings as either eps or gif. I need to do this with each separate file, not as a batch to several.

Thank You.
Jim
Old 02-06-2006, 03:49

read this thread - http://forum.oberonplace.com/showpos...59&postcount=1

Code:
Sub exportX()
    Dim expflt As ExportFilter
    Dim pal As StructPaletteOptions
    set pal=Application.CreateStructPaletteOptions
    With pal
        .PaletteType = cdrPaletteOptimized
        .NumColors = 32
        .Smoothing = 0
        .DitherType = cdrDitherNone
        .ColorSensitive = False
    End With
    Set expflt = ActiveDocument.ExportBitmap(ActiveDocument.Name+".gif", cdrGIF, cdrSelection, cdrPalettedImage, 225, 225, 72, 72, cdrNormalAntiAliasing, False, False, False, False, cdrCompressionLZW, pal)
    With expflt
        .Interlaced = False
        .Transparency = 0 ' FilterGIFLib.gifNone
        .InvertMask = False
        .ColorIndex = 1
        .Finish
    End With

End Sub
tune the settings using class explorer (F2) help in VBA editor for ExportBitmap and StructPaletteOptions - just click the word in code, right-click and choose "Definition" to lookup quick-help, or press F1 to see detailed article
Old 02-06-2006, 08:48
jfelder

Default Macros

I really appreciate your reply. I will try to figure this out based on what you gave me. My problem is that I don't know this code at all. I have tried to use the create Macro feature in Corel to create this macro for what I need. It's just not very easy. I am so used to Actions in Photoshop. I thought if I could just record my keystrokes and mouse clicks I would be good to go.

I appreciate the code but the fact that I don't know how you did this I don't feel comfortable with editing or changing it if I need to. I also am not quite sure where to even put this code.

Thank you.
Jim Felder
Old 02-06-2006, 09:11

find an hour and quick read VBA documentation shipped with CorelDraw, nothing weird, just a standard VBA built-in in hunderd apps....

check also Alex's great hints & tips & quick tutorials on VBA:http://oberonplace.com/vba/index.htm

1.create new GMS http://oberonplace.com/vba/newgms.htm
2.CorelDraw-menu->Tools->VisualBasic->Editor, find in projects your new gms - it will have a name "GlobalMacros (YourGMSname.gms)", rename it in properties pane (F4), right click renamed project in Projects pane, choose Insert->Module then paste that text
3.then Tools->Options->Customization->Commands, choose Macros from List and drag the macro "Module1.ExportX" (or whatever you named it in "Sub" clause) to your toolbar, then Ok - now you have a button that calls your macro - it exports to gif in a folder of your opened file.

P.S. to tune settings easily - record new macro (Tools-VB-Record new), imeediately export your document to file with desired settings, then click Tools-VB-Stop, go to VBA Editor, find your recorded macro in "Recorded Macros" module, copy part from "With pal" to second "end with" inclusively to your gms macro ExportX
Old 02-06-2006, 09:18
jfelder

Default Macros

Thank you.
The fact that my machine is locked down where I work will make it difficult to create a new GMS. I can't access my hard drive where programs are installed. I only have access to a network drive to save things.

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate your time and effort.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:33
jfelder

I am looking at this again.

I recorded a macro like you said above. I get this in the macro:

Sub ExportJPG()
'
' Recorded 4/11/2008
'
' Description:
'
'
End Sub

It doesn't record the dialogs I guess.

I tried using your code above but it does absolutely nothing when I click the button in my toolbar.