OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > FAQ

Old 27-04-2005, 11:56
Administrator

Default How to identify a font

I have a design as a bitmap that I need to recreate in CorelDRAW. It has some text that I can't figure out the font for. Is there a way to find out what the font was used?
Old 27-04-2005, 16:18
Administrator

Default Answer

There are a few online resources available which helps you identify a font:
http://www.identifont.com/
Identify a font by answering a series of questions; Find a typeface by its name and see a sample.

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
Upload a scanned image of a font at this site, and they'll tell you the closest match. Fabulous tool at MyFonts.com.

http://www.fontexplorer.com/
Identify a font by answering a series of questions about various letters.
You might also want to consider these font search engines. If you know the name of the font but don't know where to get it, try one of these:
FontSeek
Try FontSeek's search engine to locate fonts. If you know the name, you can find which font foundry has it, and even compare prices within the search results. In testing this search engine, I found truly amazing search results that can save hours of scouring the Net. Also at the site is a listing of top ranked freeware/shareware font sites with links to them.

Graphic Obsession Font Search
Although in French, the words look similar enough to see what to do even if you don't speak French. Search by font name, by font foundry, by language, font style (display, gothic, serif, sans-serif, etc.), or by font theme (classic, fantasy, manuscript, dingbats, historical fonts). Review font samples with all the characters, type in your own words to see how it looks in a particular font, learn where to purchase the font. Very helpful.

Last edited by Alex; 27-04-2005 at 16:24.