OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > Corel DESIGNER > General

Old 12-11-2008, 09:46
Alex Ross

Default Removing background from images

I am finding this too hard, I googled and found some companies that do this sort of thing, has anyone tried them? Is clipping path the same as deepetching. deepetch.com seems to be one good one, I also saw lazymask.com and digital-media-tech.com. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing. My catalog has over 300 images of jewelery and jackets with fur fitted on manequins due in two weeks, all shot on a blue studio background. Do I require alpha channel masking? Can anyone help please?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:18

Send a message via Skype™ to Joe

I remember you from your previous post. Actually if you have a specific background color which differs quite well from the subject (And are using Photoshop) you might try this:

Open the image.
Double-click the Layer name "Background" to promote it to a layer (click Ok when a window pops up or just hit Enter).
Pick Select - Color Range... and then click the color you need to remove. Adjust feather to add shadowy areas or Shift-click to add other bits of that color.
Once it's all selected hit ok and then Delete to remove what was selected. If the background was nice and clean this may yield a pretty decent result.
Then just save as some file which supports transparent backgrounds, say, PNG and use them in CorelDraw.

Good luck.

If this still seems hopeless you might send me a sample of the sort of image which needs the background removed and perhaps we might arrange something.