OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Feature requests/wishlist

Old 09-06-2006, 15:14
Kursad

Default I want this :)

hi,

i'm working multipage file generraly magzin, litle newspaper etc.
But CorelDraw works embeded bitmaps and my cdr files have wery big file size.
I want open only one pages in multipage coreldraw files and save this page on same coreldraw files. For example, i have a document with 120 pages. But i want change only page no 4 in the document. I want only page no 4 and save this page on the coreldraw files contains 120 pages.
Old 09-06-2006, 15:22

that would be VERY cool, but I doubt that we will see this during next 5 years ;-) The only software that allows selective editing is photoshop with its raw format, but raster image is extremely simple in strcuture compared to interwoven CDR format. If Corel were to make such possibility then they'll be the most cool coders ever on Earth during last 10000 years - as far as I know no vector program in present time has such capability
Meanwhile if I have to do such designs I use templates and split my work into several parts by chapters if not by pages.
Old 09-06-2006, 19:39
sallybode

Currently you can import files and save the links. The on screen looks like crap but it prints well to a postscript printer which is the whole idea.

I have tested this by making a .pdf from a file I did this way as an experiment at home and the .pdf was full resolution, it was larger than the DRAW file.

DRAW's big brother, Ventura Publishing has all the bells and whistles for large publications and I'd consider 120 pages a big pub. However, if you use linking, it can certainly get more out of DRAW than it was designed to do.

But it is cool. I just wish there was a way to turn on full resolution when showing to a customer but I guess I said it myself, make a .pdf out of it.