OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > Corel PHOTO-PAINT > General

Old 01-03-2008, 12:53
Carrowwise

Default No jpg filter - where do I find one?

I'm new to Photo-paint, and I want to work on some photos I have in jpg format. In the "open file" screen, I don't have jpg under the list of "file types", neither is it in that list on import. I hoped to find a filter on Corel.com support, but the list of products there doesn't even mention Photo-paint! Does anyone know why it wouldn't be in the list, or where I can get a jpg filter from?

I looked in the product help, which suggested there should be a jpg filter, but there's not. When I went back to help, it would no longer stay on screen, but disappeared in a second or two each time I opened it. Does anyone know why that would be? I hope someone can help - quite frustrated!
Old 01-03-2008, 17:31

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Jpeg

JPEG is one of the standard filters that is installed. If you do not see it I would suggest reinstalling the application.

-Shelby
Old 21-12-2008, 09:33
mstaggerlee

Default Invalid filter?

I'm not at all new to photopaint, but I'm having a problem with a new installation. I've installed photopaint ver. 7 on a Windows xp system (THIS is sorta new for me - my old system was Windows 2000). CorelDraw Ver 11 is also installed.

On the new system, if I try to either save as jpg (the optios IS available in the dialog) or open a jpg saved by photopaint on my old system, I get an invalid filter error.

Any ideas?