OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 05-10-2005, 09:25
b_repplinger

Question Create Barcode from VBA

dear all,

I'd like to create an application where a user opens a form with a textfield. He should be able to enter a number in to this field, the by pressing a commandbutten a vba script should convert this number to a barcode in insert it
into a new sheet.
Does anybodt has an idea, example or tutorioal how to do it?

Thank you in advance

Bernd
Old 05-10-2005, 12:48
petig

Hm. Did you try the Barcode wizard?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:23
b_repplinger

Default create barcode from vba

which wizzard are you speaking about? I tried to record the actions of the barcode wizzard in CorelDraw. For the part when the barcode is created by the wizzard I get following message in the VBA recorder :' Recording of this command is not supported.
All other actions after the creation of the barcode are recorded correctlly.
But this doesn't help me to find the way how to write a vba script which can create the barcode.

best regards

Bernd
Old 06-10-2005, 18:17
petig

I thought that wizard in Draw. In VBA is not such wizard. Just didn't understand, why a plus frontend for that wizard. It has a textbox to get textinput, and after that generates a barcode, what you can take anywhere you want. So, I don't understand the problem. Exuse me.
If I'm well, the barcode wizard not usable through VBA automation.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:10
b_repplinger

The problem is that I have to print 20000 CD labels with an ongoing number. On each label of a CD I have to print the barcode with the same number 12 times arount the outer edge of the CD. Every barcode has to rotate 30 degrees so that with 12 barcodes around the outer edge I will get a circle. I couldn't find any other programm which can turn the barcodes in 30 degree steps. 90 180 and 270 degrees is no problem for all the other programms.
So in short words: on CD No one I have to print 12 times 00001, on CD number 2 12 times 00002 ...... As I don't want to change the number on the CD Label 20000 times manually I wanted to write a script in VBA.
Thats the reason for VBA

anyhow thank you for your answers

best regards

Bernd
Old 07-10-2005, 08:53
Administrator

These two threads might help you a bit in this:

http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthread.php?t=203
http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthread.php?t=590

Basically the idea boils down to insert Barcode OLE object and then use SendKeys VBA command to type some data in the dialog, close the dialog and move on to another barcode.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2005, 17:44
Webster

Eh eh, that old one - bit rough and ready that one!

I'm still using this with great success in Corel 10. Saves heaps of time.

If the original poster would like more detail and the Forms and code for the UI I'm happy to help.

But they may be able to glean the method I used to generate the barcodes from this link.