OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Oberon Products > CurveWorks

Old 03-05-2003, 23:29
Anonymous

Default Curve(not)works

I drew two circles that overlap and then converted them to curves. I click on "remove intersection" and a dialog pops up saying "no intersections found". I am betting I am doing something really dumb. Please help. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:05
Administrator

Default Re: Curve(not)works

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmostad
I drew two circles that overlap and then converted them to curves. I click on "remove intersection" and a dialog pops up saying "no intersections found". I am betting I am doing something really dumb. Please help. Thanks.
You need to combine the curves first. Select the two circles and click Ctrl-L. The two objects will become subpaths of a single curve. After that you can select the combined path and run CurveWork's Remove Intersection or other commands.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:02
Anonymous

Default Thanks, it works

Alex,

Thanks for your rapid and helpful response. Would it be more intuitive if Curveworks automatically combined and broke apart curves? Maybe there are cases where this is not desireable but so far given the way I use Curveworks, it would save me two steps everytime I use it. Thanks again,

Tim.
Old 04-05-2003, 16:21
Administrator

Default Re: Thanks, it works

Of course it depends on your workflow. CurveWorks processes each selected curve and performs the requested operation on each object in the selection. So, if you had two combined curves such as in your previous example (each having two subpaths), then you can select both objects and run Remove Intersections on them and CurveWorks will split each object in pieces. If it were to combine the objects before performing an operation, then the above should have been done in two steps - first on one object, then on the other.

By the way, you don't have to first convert your objects to curves and only then combine them. Just create the two circles, select them and click Ctrl-L. They will be automatically converted to curves and then combined. You'll save yourself some time on this.