OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 19-06-2006, 03:37
fotis

Question Problem with pasting Word text into Corel Draw

Hello to the forum. Before posting this thread, I searched the forum as much as I could for info on Word-CorelDraw VBA collaboration, but couldn't find the solution to my problem, so here goes.

I've got pages and pages of text in a Word document. My aim is to automatically populate CorelDraw pages with this running text using VBA. I envisage nice things such as adding a new page when the last one cannot hold any more text, backtracking to avoid splitting words, etc etc.

But: the memory size of the Corel Draw document increases enormously for even the smallest text chunk pasted into it (order of KBytes per word!), making the system crash.

Are there any inherent problems with how Corel treats text? Does it store too much info for each word copied and pasted? Is there any way around this, so that the memory usage remains stable while the copy-paste operation is going on?

All help will be appreciated.

Fotis
Old 19-06-2006, 12:34

probably the default action on pasting is OLE-embedding of WordCocument container....
I would use PasteSpecial method ^
Code:
ActiveLayer.PasteSpecial "Rich Text Format"
Old 22-06-2006, 01:59
fotis

Thanks, I'll try that. One more issue: How can I ensure that formatting from previously pasted text doesn't rub off on subsequent pastes? Example:

Corel text box contains the word 'Client' in Arial 12pt bold. The next word I want is ' Application' Times New Roman 13pt italics. So far, I can't make Corel do this: the earlier font choices apply to the later ones (but in an arbitrary fashion; sometimes it works!)

Somehow I need to tell Corel that this is a new 'range' of text, so back off.

Cheers

Fotis