OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 05-05-2003, 20:05
starless

Default Problem with File Converter CMX->EPS

Hi,
I need to convert a lot of .CMX files, which reside in various subdirectories, into a more universal vector format, or at least into something which can be read by Illustrator 10, like EPS or AI.
I can use Corel Draw 10.

I discovered the Oberon File Converter script, which seemed to suit my needs. I downloaded and installed the Gallery2 for CD10.

The problem is that the script does not seem to work when the output is set to EPS or AI, it behaves as if everything was ok, but nothing is written in the output dir.
Instead, it works fine when a different output format is set, such as TIFF or WMF (which could be a good solution, but some images are slightly corrupt).

Any clue? Thanks a lot.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:02
Administrator

Default Re: Problem with File Converter CMX->EPS

Make sure you have the service packs 1, 2, and 3 installed on CorelDRAW 10.
Old 06-05-2003, 16:46
starless

Thanks for the reply.
Does a SP3 exist for Corel Draw 10? I didn't find it on www.corel.com...
I downloaded and installed SP1 and SP2, but nothing did change, choosing EPS as output format does not produce any file.

Please note that loading a CMX file into CD10 and exporting it into EPS format manually works great.
Maybe the problem can be related to the fact that the EPS format is not available in the Save dialog, but only in the Export one?

I'd really like to work around this problem, because based on many tests I did with other programs it seems that this is the most accurate way to convert the CMX files.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:00
starless

Default Solved!

Hi again, I found a workaround for the problem: before launching the script, I have to open an image and manually export it as EPS. After doing this, the script works fine with EPS output, too.

Maybe EPS export parameters need to be initialized or something like that?

Thanks anyway for the help (and for the script!).
Old 09-05-2003, 08:33
Administrator

Default Re: Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starless
Hi again, I found a workaround for the problem: before launching the script, I have to open an image and manually export it as EPS. After doing this, the script works fine with EPS output, too.

Maybe EPS export parameters need to be initialized or something like that?
Yes, that could be it. The script doesn't have any way of communicating with the filter to set up its additional parameters (such as export text as curves, bitmaps as CMYK, etc), so it relies on the settings previously used during export. If you never exported to EPS manually, then these parameters may not be set properly and the export fails.

BTW, there is a much more advanced VBA macro included in CorelDRAW 11 which allows to convert files and specify all those various export parameters...