OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 14-07-2007, 20:14
michael_maberly

Default leading (line spacing) between lines of artistic text that have different font size

Hi;

Can anyone can help me through some difficulty I'm having in getting the leading (ie, line spacing) I want with artistic text, in CorelDraw 12?

I have three lines of text, the first line of which has a font size of 20 pt, and the second and third lines having a font size of 13 pt. The default leading is greater between the first and second lines than between the second and third -- probably due to the font size difference. I would like to make the leading equal for all lines, regardless of font size, but can't figure out how to do that. "Format Text - Spacing - Lines" seems to offer leading only in relation to character height -- which automatically makes the leading between the first and second line larger (due to the larger font size used in the first line) than it is between the subsequent lines.

Any tips would be gratefully welcomed!

- Michael
Old 14-07-2007, 20:57

I believe there is no such option in Draw.
you can change units only for three of spacings at once - before/after/line.
So even though you can specify 'before' spacing in points in FormatText dialog (CtrlT by default), it won't do you no good since you will lose variable line height which will be now uniform for all the lines with various text sizes.
Old 15-07-2007, 08:37
michael_maberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm View Post
I believe there is no such option in Draw.
you can change units only for three of spacings at once - before/after/line.
So even though you can specify 'before' spacing in points in FormatText dialog (CtrlT by default), it won't do you no good since you will lose variable line height which will be now uniform for all the lines with various text sizes.
Thanks for the reply -- I appreciate it!
Actually, that's exactly what I want -- to have uniform leading between all the lines, even though the text sizes are different. (Ie, the same, objective measurement, not measured as a percentage of the character size -- eg, 6 pts of leading between each line and the next, regardless of text size.) How does one do that??

Thanks!

- Michael
Old 15-07-2007, 10:25

When I need such a task I have only one option - insert an empty line of text with a small character size so that this line has exactly the height I need for a leading. I copy this line everywhere I need. In case you need this massively/frequently it could be automated via macro.
Old 15-07-2007, 11:07
michael_maberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm View Post
When I need such a task I have only one option - insert an empty line of text with a small character size so that this line has exactly the height I need for a leading. I copy this line everywhere I need. In case you need this massively/frequently it could be automated via macro.
Thanks for the technique, wOxxOm. I've also tried simply entering each line independently of the others, which seems to allow me to position and space them exactly as I wish.

Thanks again.

Michael