OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 20-12-2008, 05:59
Ales

Default How-to open a docker ?

Hello,

I wonder if it's possible to create a macro to open all my preferred dockers like Symbols, Properties, Transformation, ...

I have no clue to begin. When I record a macro it's empty, I'm not able to find a post, and I don't know where to search in the help files.

Does someone have an idea ?

Thx,
Ales
Old 22-12-2008, 07:25

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

What version of Draw are you using?
Old 22-12-2008, 12:37
Ales

I'm using X4...
Sorry,
Old 23-12-2008, 09:18

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

Can you not just leave the ones you like opened? They can collapse into the side panel to save you screen space.
Old 23-12-2008, 10:15
Ales

In fact, I usually manipulate 6 panels and to avoid to search each time by reading the tag I would like to keep all exactly at the same place. I don't know if you have the same problem, but regularly I close, or I move inadvertently one panel (I never want to close them my screen is enough wide). Furthermore, to retrieve my exact order it's necessary to reopen all or to move them all. It's why I'm searching how to close, then, to open them all with a macro. However, perhaps it exists a better solution ?

Any idea ?
Old 23-12-2008, 12:36

If each docker that you use has a shortcut key assigned to it, you could make a macro that uses SendKeys to open them all in a particular order. Then assign a shortcut key to your macro. I'll send you an example...
Code:
Sub ToggleBorders()
    If ActiveDocument.Properties("PageBorder", 1) Then
        SendKeys "%(vhp)"
        ActiveDocument.Properties("PageBorder", 1) = False
    Else
        SendKeys "%(vhp)"
        ActiveDocument.Properties("PageBorder", 1) = True
    End If
End Sub
The above code sends ALT+V, then H, then P. If you follow this method in your own copy of draw you see that ALT+V opens the view menu, H opens the Show sub-menu and P activates the Page Border option.
Old 24-12-2008, 04:26
Ales

Marvelous ! Thx ddonnahoe

Another question: Do you know how to close the group before starting the opens ?
Old 24-12-2008, 05:23
Manuel

In my personal experience I've found out that adding a new tool bar with my favorite dockers next to the standard bar is what works best for me. I also have an individual menu with all my dockers there, that way I don't have to search in sub menus for dockers that I don't use that often. Try it you might like it.
Old 24-12-2008, 11:42
Ales

Thanks for your advise Manuel, I will try that, but for the moment I prefer to keep the right panel. In fact, it's like a toolbar when it's possible to keep the same sorting, and with the tip's ddonnahoe it's really cool. I'm just searching how to close a group of dockers.

Ddonnahoe, any idea ?