OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 13-03-2012, 13:56

Default Corel Macros on Mac w/ Parallels

Hello All,

Just purchased an I Mac and have windows installed w/ 'Parallels 7'.
Running Corel X5. Can I install my old .gms file macros for Corel X5, and if so,
where would the .gms files be placed? They were under User\ application data\ Corel Draw \ GMS on my PC.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Old 13-03-2012, 14:49

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Parallels

I am really not sure if it will work under Parallels, but hey worth a try right. GMS files can be stored in two places:

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Draw\GMS

You can also place them in the install folder, however you may need to adjust the permissions of this folder:

C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Draw\GMS

Hopefully that gets you pointed in the correct direction.

Shelby
Old 13-03-2012, 15:17

Thanks for quick response! Earlier, when looking for a place to plop the GMS Files, I could not find anything that resembled the typical "Windows" filing structure (C:\ Users, etc or under program files) I'm at work right now and I'll try when I get home. I read somewhere that I may have to create the Typical File path? I cant do without my Arch Scales Macro!
Old 23-03-2012, 11:10
excessiveforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktar View Post
Thanks for quick response! Earlier, when looking for a place to plop the GMS Files, I could not find anything that resembled the typical "Windows" filing structure (C:\ Users, etc or under program files) I'm at work right now and I'll try when I get home. I read somewhere that I may have to create the Typical File path? I cant do without my Arch Scales Macro!
I'm not sure how your parallels is working but I actually had XP running on a Mac Mini for almost a year and had Corel running beautifully. I didn't like integrating it with the Mac so I pretty much booted to full screen into the Windows environment. It is no different than running on a pc except in my experience it actually ran better than on the pc I'm currently using.