OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > General

Old 17-02-2006, 12:37
sazy

Default script to save configuration

I have made a good corel script V9 that works as numerator, but I cant find a way to save a configuration. I made it for up to 16 numerators and I input a lot of numbers for coordinates and stuff, and I need them to be saved as configuration for another use. I think it goes with .dll file but Im not sure.
I can use some help
Old 02-03-2006, 09:53
Administrator

Frankly I don't quite understand your question. Can you describe what you are trying to do?
Old 04-08-2007, 15:26
sazy

Well its been a lot of time. My problem is this. I made a script for numeration but I can't save all the input that I make, coordinates, numbers and stuff. I can send you the code if you want so you should see what I meen.
Old 04-08-2007, 19:35
Administrator

Is that a script (.csc) or a VBA macro we are talking about?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:51
sazy

It is script (.csc). I use this script in printing house for numbering on tickets, vip cards etc, that sometimes need up to 100000 numbers and I cant finish the job in 1 day. So when I close the script all the input is lost. When i start it again I need to input all the same data again. I made the script with up to 24 numberings per page so typing again x, y coordinates, rotation, etc in the script is time consuming. So my question is: Is there a way to save the input that you make in the script itself.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:15
Administrator

Yes, you can save your settings. You can either store your settings in the registry or save it to, say, an INI file.

A simple code on this page (http://www.oberonplace.com/script/ti...-filternnn.htm) shows you how to save some settings in an INI file. You can specify your own INI file name in the function call to write your own settings.

To read the data back, you can use GetPrivateProfileString API function. The following post shows how to use INI file API functions in VBA. Pretty much the same thing can be done in CorelSCRIPT:

http://forum.oberonplace.com/showpos...50&postcount=2