OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 23-11-2004, 10:22
sherman01

Default Reading Font Properties from selected text in CD9

I’m not a programmer, but I am attempting a CD9 program that allows the user to select text from the graphics window so that those font properties can be used later in the program. So, I need to store the font properties such as name, size, and style of the selected text into variables for later use.

Currently I have been able to get the name and size using CorelScript functions GetTextFontName and GetTextFontSize, but I can’t find the script function that lets me get the font style. Better yet, how to use VBA to get the name, size, and style of the selected text instead of using script. I have tried using:

Dim MyFontName As String
MyFontName=Application.ActiveDocument.Selection.Text.FontProperties.Name

I have been able to set these properties, but not read them. What is the correct syntax for this?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 23-11-2004, 19:57
Administrator

Default Re: Reading Font Properties from selected text in CD9

Have you tried to reference the text object directly instead if hoping that the selection shape will return the text properties?

FontName = ActiveDocument.Selection.Shapes(1).Text.FontProperties.Name

I don't have CorelDRAW 9 installed, so I can't test this. But I would suggest you to move to at least CorelDRAW 10 as it has much more advanced object model. But you would really appreciate the power and completeness of object model in CorelDRAW 11 and 12....
Old 24-11-2004, 07:59
sherman01

Alex,
Thanks, that worked great. I agree a newer version of CorelDraw would be better. I wrote the program for my in-laws who own a small trophy and plaque shop. It is very small and v9 is all they can afford right now. They will probably stick with what they have until an increase in productivity would justify the upgrade.

Thanks again, and by the way, this is the best VBA for CorelDraw site I have seen anywhere.

Regards,
Dave