OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 13-10-2011, 06:34

Default Artistic Media VBA work-around?

Hi all,

Just registered and this is my first post.

Quick background:
I don't have a lot of of VBA experience and what I do know is mostly MS Access based so much of this is new to me. I get most of my VBA knowledge from studying macros that the apps create automatically.

Now to my query:
I'm in the process of taking about 4 or 5 rather time consuming processes that we do quite frequently at my work in CorelDraw and automate them with macros with the intent to add some nice user friendly buttons / forms to run them from the CorelDraw UI. I have managed to streamline one of these processes using Artistic Media but from what I've read Artistic Media is not supported in VBA (???) so I'd like to be able to do it with code so that I can consolidate all my (rather varied) processes into a single custom toolbar.

This process that I'd like to automate with VBA involves taking three different groups of shapes (lets call them GroupA, GroupB and GroupC) that reside on another .cdr file and fit them along the path (curve or shape) that the user has selected with 50mm spacing between each Group item and having this sequence:

GroupA - GroupC - GroupC - GroupC - GroupB - GroupC - GroupC

...continuously looping along the path until the curve ends (in the case of an open curve) or it gets back to the start (in the case of a closed shape and curve).

Ideally if it were a closed object that the user had selected, then the spacing would be as close to 50mm as possible while having the last group item stopping equidistant to the first group item.... if that makes sense.

These paths will vary in shape and complexity and I'd like to get that 50mm spacing based off linear length along the path - not direct distance.

I know the blend tool does a similar thing to this but I want to use three different objects and not have to build these objects in the code (I want to use set objects from an external .cdr file).

To save a future post, I'd also really love to be able to do a similar thing with these same three groups using VBA where instead of fitting them along a path - distibute them evenly but randomly within an area governed by the selected shape in a quantity that would space them approximately 50mm apart from eachother. Having proportional instances of one 'GroupA' and one 'GroupB' to five 'GroupC' objects. (However if this process proves too difficult to do in VBA I think I have a way of using that first process coupled with some additional curve creation using contours to get close to the desired result).

Any help would be appreciated and my sincere apologies for the very long winded post.

Cheers.
Old 13-10-2011, 09:34

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Fit to Path

Alex has a macro that is similar to this. Does not do 100% what you want, but it is close:

Oberon Fit Objects To Path for CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER

-Shelby
Old 13-10-2011, 21:34

Default Fit to Path

Thanks for that.
Old 13-10-2011, 21:38

Default Artistic Media and VBA

Am I correct in assuming from what I've read that you cannot apply a specific Artistic Media stroke to a selected shape using VBA?
Old 14-10-2011, 07:40

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Artistic Media

Correct, Artistic Media is not currently supported via VBA.

-Shelby