OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Developer Forums > VBA > CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER VBA

Old 05-02-2003, 06:43
Rick Randall

Default Corel, Options, Customization, Commands, macros, "Separ

Hi,
In CorelDraw 10 and 11, when writing macros, I am able to create buttons that launch my macros by going to Options, Customization, Commands, macros, selecting the macro then going to Appearance, and dragging a button ican to my desktop. For some reason, this only works for a while and then I start getting the word "Separator" in my list of macros. This continues until it's all I have. I have a feeling that it is due to how I am writing my code, or creating new .gms's, or my recorded macros. Somehow CorelDraw can't read my macros as macros but just "Separators". Any suggestions? (See the attached picture.)
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2003, 08:39
Administrator

Default Re: Corel, Options, Customization, Commands, macros, "S

Hmm, I have never seens this one before. Would you be willing to send me one of your GMS files to test?

You might want to try pressing F8 while you are launching CorelDRAW. It should reset your workspace (though you will loose any customizations you've made to it). See if this helps correct the problem.

If not, try removing all GMS files and see if the Macros list in the Customziation dialog is empty. Then add GMS files one by one. As soon as you notice the problem, try removing all the files except the last one that causes the problem and see if the macro list is still invalid with only that GMS installed. If it is, then send me the GMS and I will see what could be wrong with it (you can send me a private message and attach the file)...
Old 06-02-2003, 06:17
Rick Randall

Default "separator" problem

Alex---I removed all .gms files, started corel pressing F8, went back to the default workspace, and the "separators" were gone. Then I put one back in the GMS folder and restarted Corel and one "separator" was back. I tried the same with all of my .gms files and it still gave me a "separator". I'm thinking it might be something in my Corel11.gms file (Global macros). Attached is a simple .gms i have that still gives me the "separator" problem.
Attached Files
File Type: gms Guides.gms (13.5 KB, 607 views)
Old 06-02-2003, 08:21
Administrator

Default Re: "separator" problem

That's strange. It works fine here. Do you have a custom workspace? I have "_default" workspace set as default.

Could be that we have some language dependency here. ??? What language is your OS and what the regional settings are? I assume that you are running an English CorelDRAW according to the screenshot.

Do you have access to another machine with Draw 11? Can you try it there and see if you still have the problem?

When you removed all the .gms files, did you remove the GlobalMacros as well?

Something spooky is going on here that's for sure...
Old 13-02-2004, 06:47
Seelenquell

Default separators

hi there!

it´s an old posting i know..

but a few days before i had the same problem(s).

i had altered my _default-workspace and transferred it to my computer at home and back (and forth and back...) suddenly there were the seperators..

so i deleted my default-workspace-directory on my harddisk, started coreldraw and there was a clean _default with no seperators! and when i extend my gms-file now with a macro, there are definitely NO seperators anymore.

so it should help to delete your workspace and reconfigure for your requirements.. maybe there was the error (?)

happy weekend!

Old 14-05-2009, 11:20
jfelder

Default Separators Still Showing

I know this is an ancient post but I am now having this problem. I noticed it started happening after I created a macro but not sure if that is the reason. I found this post, deleted the _default workspace. I had two. One in my profile for my pc and one in the main Corel Draw folder. I also rebooted Corel, rebooted PC, I also restarted Corel holding down F8. My commands dialog box has all separators replacing my list of macros. I am still using Corel Draw 11. No upgrades in sight at this point.

I was really glad to find this post because this is weird and it's racking my brain.

Any thoughts?