OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 15-03-2004, 18:23
vallentin

Default Color Limit / Posterize - a desired option

The posterize macro is just great and hadny helper. However I would suggest and option to be made for this script. If this option is delected the scripts would make all objects that are made in the same color as ONE welded object. This in my opinion will add more value to this handy macro.
Old 15-03-2004, 19:57
Administrator

Default Re: Color Limit / Posterize - a desired option

How do you suggest it handles multiple overlapping objects? For example, you have a stack of red, blue and another red object which overlap each other, as illustrated on the attched picture. How would you weld these object? Also note that objects could be inside groups, part of complex effects such as blends, extrudes, etc. Just wanted to make sure I understand your suggestion better.
Attached Images

Old 16-03-2004, 12:46
vallentin

Alex, in your example I would suggest that the blue object would be TRIM-ed.

In my opinion the Posterize function has a purpose to create more simple image with larger object in single color, inatead of many little object in many different colors. The way the macro is working right now is good enough if you want to print the image, but if you want to cut it out of vynil it will not work.

Generaly I think that such macro would be of great help for those working with vynil, because they more often need more symlified in colors images so that they can make them using less layers of vynil.

That's why I am suggesting this option.
Old 16-03-2004, 14:43
Administrator

Why not selecting the objects and going to Arrange>Shaping>Simplify in CorelDRAW? That should do it.
Old 17-03-2004, 02:30
vallentin

Simplify works like TRIM not like WELD. After simplifying an Posterized object - it doesn't looks like the Posterized result.