OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > FAQ

Old 27-04-2005, 13:11
Administrator

Default Adding a button to toolbars to run a VBA macro

I have a macro which I can run successfully but I have to go through many steps to do so (Tools>Visual Basic>Play>Pick the module>Select the macro>Run). Is there a way to add a button to toolbar or a shortcut key to run my macro quickly?
Old 16-04-2007, 22:21
sallybode

Default Adding a button to a toolbar

Tools/Options/Customization/Commands then in the scrolling list, select "Macros" and from that new list, scroll to your script you want. On the right-hand side of the screen, you have the choice to assign it a keyboard shortcut, or you have a place to create a custom button, or to browse for a premade one, or if you have a script that came with its own .bmp, you can navigate to its location and assign it that way. You will note that when you have done this step, that the button's picture will appear as an icon to the left of the script. Just drag this out to your desktop to use it. Do not hit cancel, or you have to do it all again. Hit OK, then you can close the dialogue box. You can then Alt-drag the button to any existing toolbar for your convenience. If you lose the button in the process, go back to the top line of this paragraph and find the button you made, it is still in the system, just drag it out again and try to be a bit more careful this time.
Old 17-04-2007, 15:50

:-) The most convenient way to run a macro without adding it to toolbar or menu is using MacroSelector (&Installer) macro from http://recentfiles.netfirms.com
Old 10-05-2007, 01:47
sallybode

Default Really like your scripts..

wOxxOm, your scripts are very handy, I have been using a lot of them both at work and at home. Well thought out.

Especially like the transparent edge script and have found it combines well with other techniques I have made for soft edges.

Previously I was using a script which turned the object 100% transparent and assigned a glow drop shadow to it. This had the advantage of being able to continue to edit the shape rather than to separate the shadow and then delete the object. Only to drag and right click copy it, unless grouped would just drag the object or unless selcted from Object Manager. Your script is far easier.

But it is different in the graininess of the fuzz on the gradient from the drop shadow, so I can get a variety of techniques going that is rather interesting.

The Recent Files is another favorite of mine as it is a much better file browser.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:07

Oh, nice to hear, I like that Jell-O too :-)