OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > FAQ

Old 16-11-2005, 20:44
Katharine

Question Percentage Tints in Corel Draw

In Pagemaker I can specify the percentage tints of a spot-colour. How can I do this in Coreldraw? The help file advises that "tints are created by adjusting the percentage Tint value in either the Outline Color or Uniform Fill dialog boxes". I don't seem to be able to find the right button to do this. Can anyone help? (unfortunately I am behind the times and I'm still using Corel Draw 7!)
Old 17-11-2005, 08:36

Send a message via ICQ to ddonnahoe Send a message via AIM to ddonnahoe Send a message via MSN to ddonnahoe Send a message via Yahoo to ddonnahoe

I'm not sure about 7, since we went from 5 to 8, but there should be two methods to do this.

1. Select the object you want to color. Then click and hold a color in the palette of your choice. The swatch will present a flyout that will allow you to chose certain preset tints. or...

2. Select your object as above. In the status bar (usually at the bottom of the screen) there should be a square that shows the color and outline that are applied to that object. Double click on the fill color, this should bring up the color dialog. From there you can change the tint to your specifications.

Another alternative is, holding down the control key and clicking on a color palette will also tint the object with the selected color.
Old 22-11-2005, 18:34
Katharine

Red face Percentage tints in Coreldraw

Thank you for that. I think I should have been more specific. What I am trying to do is specify a say 25% tint/shade of a specific colour and that's what I don't seem to be able to do. Any solutions will be appreciated.
Old 22-11-2005, 22:26
Administrator

Same in CorelDRAW. You only can apply tints to spot colors. See the attached screenshot of the color dialog.
Attached Images

Old 23-11-2005, 11:49
Fluid

Also not sure if this works in V7 but holding the left mouse button down over a specific color in the PMS Palette will open tints of that color as well.
Old 23-11-2005, 18:13
Katharine

Fluid, sorry, that did not work. Thanks anyway.

Alex, that looks perfect, but how do I get there? Remember, I'm behind the times and run V.7, I only seem to be able to get the basic box. Any further suggestions?
Old 24-11-2005, 10:05
Administrator

You are in luck. I happen to have Draw 7 installation on a junk machine

When you go to Uniform Fill (or Outline Color) dialog, click the second button on the right of the dialog to switch to the fixed palette mode. Then pick any of the spot palettes and you will see the tint field to change the tint of that spot color. See a screenshot below
Attached Images

Old 30-11-2005, 18:41
Katharine

Thumbs up Percentage Tints in Corel Draw

Alex, a big thank you - that works perfectly, I am now an extremely happy little vegemite !

PS - apologies for not replying sooner, things just pile up and up and up . . .