OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > FAQ

Old 27-04-2005, 12:35
Administrator

Default Custom spot colors

I want to create my own spot color palette with just the colors used by our printer. Is there a way or am I forced to use the standard PANTONE etc palettes?
Old 16-04-2007, 22:05
sallybode

Default Custom Spot Color Palette

In one document create a bunch of swatches, with all the different spot colors your printer uses, then have CorelDRAW make a palette from this document. The palette will remain open until you close it and you can also save the palette in the default location of all your other palettes so you can more easily find it the next time you may want to open it.
Old 17-04-2007, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I want to create my own spot color palette with just the colors used by our printer. Is there a way or am I forced to use the standard PANTONE etc palettes?
;-) Old question and has no new answers, no answer at all...
You'll need to overcome the CorelDRAW restriction of only one UserInks color palette (c:\Documents and Settings\**userAccount**\Application Data\Corel\Graphics13\User Custom Data\Palettes\userinks.cpl). It is possible to duplicate this file and edit palette name in hex-editor, so there'll be another "user inks" palette with your name and your color - but I haven't test it farther
Old 10-05-2007, 01:41
sallybode

Default User Spot Colors

I work for a commercial printer and we frequently use spot color. We had a customer create something in CorelDRAW that used spot color definitions which our Digital Plate maker couldn't recognize. I had to recolor the whole piece of art using standard spot colors by Pantone in order to color separate the job.

If you are going to output the artwork to .pdf or to be used on anyone else's computer, it is going to be a problem.

Easier to create a working palette of frequently used spot colors.

Even though I don't always make a palette, I drag myself out two boxes for each spot color I am using, then make a 9 step blend between 0% and 100%. This is easy and then I have my own palette, I just drag and drog the color wherever I need it from the color wells in the corner of the screen. When I use color styles or create palette from document, unless I do it from the get go, before I have it all set in my head, I often get the gradients out of sequence so finding the correct percentage is easier using blends for me.