OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > FAQ

Old 27-04-2005, 13:19
Administrator

Default Fountain Fill to follow the shape of an object

Is there a way to create a fountain fill that would follow a shape of an object? For example, to create a straight piece of a pipe, I'd just create a long rectange and apply vertical linear fountain fill that would go from black to white to black. Now how do I do the same if I need a bent piece of pipe?
Old 16-04-2007, 22:03
sallybode

Default Bending a gradient

CorelDRAW can draw the kind of gradient you want, bending it requires you export it as a .emf file and the reimport the file you just exported. Once imported, you can bend and shape the imported gradient with the Interactive Envelope Tool. I got this tip, BTW, from Jeff Harrison of Unleash.com.

A word to the wise, your default for gradients is set to 256 steps but it is too low and will show banding, I suggest going to something like 800 or higher. You don't need a long piece of gradient either, as it can be stretched to infinity when reimporting it.

Another way is to create a custom brush with the kind of gradient you want to follow a curve, it isn't as open to change as the above method, however if you were drawing all the pipes on a French Horn, I'd make myself a brush. Actually two with the gradients reversed so that I could get the shadows the way I'd want them. The assemble is with slight bands as you actually find in the real instrument.
Old 17-04-2007, 15:54

Mesh fill is probably the best and unchallenged way to do this
Old 10-05-2007, 01:33
sallybode

Default Learning the mesh

I was never able to really get the mesh tool to work very well until recently. Here's a piece of bent pipe using wOxxOm's suggestion with the mesh tool.
Attached Files
File Type: cdr Radiator Hose.cdr (13.6 KB, 687 views)