OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Corel User Forums > CorelDRAW > Macros/Add-ons

Old 08-08-2011, 08:38
eo04837

Default Modifying File Converter to Copy Tags

I have a large number of CDR files that I am going to convert to JPG to display in a photo gallery application. The CDR's are tagged with keywords, and I would like transfer these keywords to the JPGs to make them more searchable.

The CDR keywords are stored in XML, and the JPGs will be stored in XMP, so there doesn't seem to be any easy way to just extract the keywords and copy them over to the JPG's. However, when exporting a JPG, there is a dialog for entering keywords, so it seems like it might be possible to adapt the File converter macro to automatically extract the CDR keywords and add them to the jpg.

I've only made minor modifications to macros, so this is well out of my scope. If any one has any good ideas for how to do this, or can point me in the right direction for getting it done, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 08-08-2011, 23:14

Send a message via ICQ to shelbym Send a message via AIM to shelbym Send a message via MSN to shelbym Send a message via Yahoo to shelbym
Default Keywords

In X4 and above you should be able to use the Document.Metadata.Keywords to get the keywords for the document. So for the active document you could do something like this:
Code:
Sub MyKeywords()
    MsgBox ActiveDocument.Metadata.Keywords
End Sub
You should get a simple message box with the keywords. As for exporting them that is a bit harder, I do not believe Export via VBA supports keywords. So you would have to add them to the JPEG after that fact.

-Shelby