OberonPlace.com Forums  

Go Back   OberonPlace.com Forums > Oberon Products > CurveWorks

Old 15-12-2005, 06:26
jon46089

Default Cannot use Curveworks macros in a user witten macro???

I am importing 16 postscript "closed" vector curves from a UNIX application onto different layers of a CorelDRAW drawing. After the curves are imported the nodes of segments are perfectly aligned, but they are not "joined" together, so that fills cannot be applied in CorelDRAW (V12 SP1). I have 64 drawings to complete and was hoping that Curveworks could help out with this laborious task.

Yes, Curveworks does the job beautifully. It joins the fairly simple closed curves on each layer when run MANUALLY, so that I can then MANUALLY fill each curve. However, attempting to record a macro to do this automatically using the Curveworks macros just leads to the recording of the particular commands for joining the particular instances of the curves used while recording the macro. This is useless!!!

Hence it appears that I cannot create a general purpose macro for importing the curves which will then run the Curvework macro on each curve, i.e. the recorded macro will not work properly on any of the other images. There are a total of 1024 images to process (i.e. 16 curves on each layer of 64 drawings). I can only presume that this is for some security reason ... but this is a SERIOUS limitation for someone who wants to automate tedious laborious tasks. After all, automation is one of the prime reasons for using a macro. CORRECT???

Am I missing something here? Is there a work around? Otherwise, the fact that Oberon macros cannot be used as "sub routines" in other user written macros must be considered a very serious limitation, and effectively makes the products useless for me.

Jon 46089
Old 02-03-2006, 10:21

Location: Orange County, California, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy
Default Try CloseShape macro

Hi,

Try the CloseShape macro from the free Curve Effects code from Alex. You have the unshrouded source so you call call it from any other macro.

http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawm...eeffectssh.htm
Old 02-03-2006, 14:18
Administrator

Yes, you are right, you can't use recorder to record the actual macro. However this is not a problem in CurveWorks but rather a limitation of CorelDRAW's VBA recorder.

However you still can run a macro from another macro. Here is an example of a macro which goes through all open curves in the current document, layer by layer, and joins them by using CurveWork's Fuse Curves command:

Code:
Sub CloseCurves()
    Dim sr As ShapeRange
    Dim lr As Layer
    Dim s As Shape

For Each lr In ActivePage.Layers
        If lr.Editable And lr.Visible Then
            Set sr = New ShapeRange
            For Each s In lr.Shapes
                If s.Type = cdrCurveShape And Not s.Locked Then
                    If Not s.Curve.Closed Then
                        sr.Add s